View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
The Unmanned Systems Section designs and develops automated vehicle technologies for unmanned ground and aerial vehicles (UGVs and UAVs), automated material handling and transit, connected and automated vehicles (CAVs), and autonomous off-road vehicles for global commercial and government clients.
Objectives of this Role:
- Join autonomy research teams to define and improve software engineering architecture and capability, DevOps tempo, and system robustness.
- Identify and pursue new research directions for current and emerging technologies in automated and autonomous ground and aerial vehicles (UGVs and UAVs).
- Find new applications, industries, and clients for novel automation capabilities.
- Capture new research projects with new and existing clients.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Use software engineering best practices to drive system architecture, software quality, and development tempo in small research project teams.
- Design, implement, and test automated vehicle technologies (e.g., localization, navigation, mapping, path planning, perception, and modeling and simulation).
- Develop and implement novel solutions for autonomy challenges across many domains: transit, freight, defense, construction, mining, agriculture, and more.
- Develop tools and techniques, including development infrastructure, documentation, and training, to improve research and development velocity and capability.
- Test and evaluate vehicle platforms and automated driving systems.
- Requires a Bachelors, Masters, or a PhD with a 3.25 GPA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related
- Those with Robotics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering degrees should have a CS minor or strong software background
- 0-5 years required, but Undergraduate candidates must have relevant academic research and/or internship experience
- MS and PhD candidates must have completed graduate work related to autonomous/automated vehicles or robotics in the unmanned ground (UGV), air (UAS), or sea (USV or UUV) domains
- Strong software skills; C++ or Python preferred
- Home lab experience a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience preferred
- Operational and/or research experience is required for an undergraduate candidate
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.