View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
Our team specializes in autonomous systems designs and develops automated vehicle technologies for autonomous ground and aerial vehicles (UGVs and UAVs), automated material handling and transit, connected and automated vehicles (CAVs), and autonomous off-road vehicles for global commercial and government clients.
Objectives of this Role:
- Join USG project teams to research new autonomy-related objectives for SwRI clients.
- Identify and pursue new research directions for modeling and simulation of autonomous ground and aerial vehicles.
- Identify and capture new applications for the capabilities you and the team create.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Apply state-of-the-art environment and vehicle simulation and co-simulation techniques to automated vehicle development.
- Design, implement, and test various automated vehicle localization, navigation, mapping, path planning, and perception technologies.
- Test and evaluate vehicle platforms and automated driving systems.
- Develop tools and techniques to improve research and development velocity and capability.
- Requires a Bachelors, Masters, or a PhD with a 3.25 GPA in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or directly related
- 0-5 years: MS, or PhD academic research and/or internship experience; must have completed graduate work related to autonomous/automated vehicles or robotics in the unmanned ground (UGV), sea (USV), or air (UAS) domains
- 1-5 years: For those with a Bachelors degree; level modern simulation engine (Unreal Engine, Unity, Gazebo, Applied Intuition, Vortex, etc.) experience
- Strong communication skills
- Linux and various PC operating systems experience required
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience is beneficial
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.