View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
Join an independent R&D company to develop prototype systems to solve national security problems
Objectives of this Role:
- As controls engineer, you will work on challenging new technical problems in collaborative team environments.
- Work on software, hardware, and firmware development in designing, implementing, and testing PLC and distributed control systems.
- Identify novel technical approaches and innovations for further exploration through internal and external research.
- Must be able to work independently and in project-team environments.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Work on a variety of projects and/or current challenges in designing, building, debugging, and implementing PLC systems, peripheral solutions, and software at varying levels of integration.
- Interface with other engineers, technicians, and project managers to ensure requirements of the system are successfully achieved in a timely manner.
- Work rapidly and professionally as we perform agile applied engineering ending in prototype systems that are often one-of-a-kind.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Control Engineering
- 0-5 years: Knowledge of PLC software and hardware development processes including an ability to analyze and translate complex technical requirements into a design, implementation, and testing
- 0-5 years: Proficiency in PLC programming
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Applied Power home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.