View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
Join a team that develops creative solutions for a variety of commercial and military applications across the human performance domain. We have a dedicated lab for the research and development of game changing human performance technologies. Our scientists and engineers represent diverse technical backgrounds that include: biomechanics, computer science, machine learning, systems engineering, sensor fusion, biomedical engineering, physics, statistics, and applied mathematics.
Objectives of this Role:
- We are looking for highly motivated candidates with strong software development skills who want to tackle difficult problems and develop new and exciting technical solutions for our customers.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team and on their own while producing high quality and timely technical work products.
- Interact with technical clients and colleagues to understand requirements and constraints of the task objectives; work in various phases of the system lifecycle, including applied research, requirements generation, design, implementation, testing, integration, installation.
- Additional information about the type of work conducted can be found at https://hpi.swri.org
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop software/hardware solutions for existing and next-generation human performance applications.
- Interact constantly with technical clients and colleagues to understand requirements and constraints of the task objectives.
- Work in various phases of the system lifecycle, including applied research, requirements generation, design, implementation, testing, integration, installation, and documentation.
- Stay current with state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and provide innovative ideas and approaches to solve challenging problems.
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.25 GPA in Computer Science or Engineering or directly related with academic coursework and project work related to software development/Math/Statistics/computer vision/machine learning or related
- 0-5 years: Requires coursework/experience in more than one of the following: software development, UI development, Python, C++, or C#
- Experience in machine learning or neural networks and/or data analytics or an interest in growing these skills
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.