View job on Handshake
Tenaya Therapeutics is a publicly held biotechnology company committed to a bold mission: to discover, design, develop and deliver curative therapies that address the underlying drivers of heart disease. Founded by leading cardiovascular scientists from Gladstone Institutes and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW), we are advancing a deep and diverse pipeline that includes both gene therapies and small molecules.
Tenaya is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA, with a team that comprises over 110 employees. Inspired by the majesty of Tenaya Peak in Yosemite National Park, our name represents the tenacity of our team in reaching our ultimate peak – the delivery of new therapies for heart disease to the patients who need them.
Diversity & Inclusion is a core Value for Tenaya Therapeutics, and we encourage those from under-represented communities to apply.
Tenaya has an immediate need for a Research Intern with Computer Science, Computational Biology, or Bioinformatics background to join the Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics team. This is an opportunity to experience working at an emerging biotech in South San Francisco, learn and contribute, and have fun too. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and problem-solver who will work closely with the team to drive mission critical projects. Ideally, you thrive in a startup, fast-paced environment where every day is unique. You strive for excellence in every facet of your work, and you understand the excitement and commitment of ‘start-up’ roles. Finally, you love being part of a team aligned around a compelling mission. There will be events to learn about cross functional areas and meet/greet with executives.
- Design and establish computational infrastructures (on-premises or on Cloud) required for implementation of Knowledge Graph application
- Employ cutting edge information system techniques to develop a Knowledge Graph application to support genomic studies
- Support new target discovery for genetic cardiomyopathies using the above-mentioned application
- Present progress and findings in both small and large group company meetings
- Currently pursuing B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Biology, or related field. Must be a current sophomore or higher.
- Strong motivation and passion for leading edge computational methods, treating cardiac diseases, and science.
- Ability to work in a small high-impact team with positive attitude and strong attention to details.
- Prior familiarity with Graph Theory and its real-world applications in data science is a plus.
- Prior familiarity with developing Cloud Web applications, Web services, and building tools in data science is a plus.
- Candidates with any of the Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data pipelines, scientific high-performance computing (HPC), Computational Genomics, human and animal-model genomics, and Web application development experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, to communicate clearly and effectively, as well as to build open and collaborative relationships are essential.
- This is a full-time, 12-week summer internship onsite at our South San Francisco headquarters.