This position requires someone with keen attention to detail and the ability to follow multi-step processes to complete various data-related support tasks. The Compliance Specialist helps ensure that Apex is a safeguard for partner data, including personal health information, educational information and other sensitive data collected by our partners. This role demonstrates self-motivation, personal accountability, and effective task management.
This position is a member of the Technology and Operations (Tech/Ops) team and reports to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Compliance Officer.
- Support Apex to maintain HIPAA compliance through the completion of audits, training, policy review and revisions, and distribution of agreements.
- Promote the delivery of accurate data that enables learning by providing support and meeting internal and external deadlines.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support HIPAA compliance across the organization
- Set up, complete, and track staff HIPAA training, including internal policy review and web-based HIPAA training
- Support completion of regularly scheduled HIPAA audits
- Assist with organization policy and procedure updates
- Generate Business Associates Agreements (BAA) and regularly update template document
- Collaborate with other Tech/Ops team members to complete Account Provisions Process for users within Apex’s proprietary cross-platform application (the Data Hub)
- Provide quality assurance (QA) and quality improvement (QI) support to internal and external teams
- Complete QA for semi-automated and manually generated reports, including counts within the Data Hub
- Support data linking reconciliation and record deduplication processes in the Data Hub
- Participate in QI Data Snapshot calls with school-based health center (SBHC) partners
- Assist with next steps generated from Data Snapshot calls, including communication to external partners
- Prepare data to develop and disseminate accurate and timely reports
- Serve as backup for Data Snapshot reports, CIIS reports, Just Health reports, quarterly and monthly reports by supporting HIPAA Compliance Officer with tasks related to the preparation of files for reports, including data cleaning, coding and creation of merge files
- Utilize Box to upload completed reports to site files, maintaining records of access to ensure HIPAA compliance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or certification equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree or certification equivalent preferred
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The Technology and Operations team recognizes strength in holistic diversity and exhibits mutual respect for teammates. Team members maintain high personal standards for excellence and radiate confidence in our team’s work product. Our team is highly collaborative. Teammates must be willing to offer and accept support and be open to learning, adaptation, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- High attention to detail
- Data monitoring and entry
- Strong desire to learn and adapt
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with SPSS software
- Billing and Coding and Electronic Health Record (EHR) knowledge
Our core values shape our approach to our colleagues and partners. These values are learning, collaboration, excellence, equity, innovation, and leadership. Apex employees are expected to practice kindness and optimism; curious intelligence; work ethic; empathy; self-awareness; and integrity. Systems thinking is a part of our culture, which approaches problems using distinctions, systems, relationships, and perspectives (DSRP). This method of thinking is central to the way we approach our work at Apex. Knowledge of systems thinking is not a prerequisite for hire, and employees will receive ongoing training in this method of problem solving.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This full-time position pays $20/hr.
- Vacation and holiday paid time off (PTO) are included.
- Other benefits, including retirement plan and employer-sponsored health insurance, will be dependent on employee eligibility.
Apex Evaluation is based in Albuquerque, NM. Apex offers remote and hybrid work models.
Email your résumé and a letter of interest to email@example.com by November 15, 2021 for best consideration.