View job on Handshake

The Compliance Officer (CO), Health Facilities Construction (HFC) performs the construction compliance phase of projects and will observe the construction of healthcare facilities as required to ensure work is performed in substantial conformance with the plans and specifications approved by the Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) and in compliance with Title 24, California Code of Regulations (CCRs) (including all referenced codes and standards there within), the Division’s Policy Intent Notices, Code Application Notices and other applicable codes, guidelines and policies, and other reference materials. 

This position is subject to the Form 700 Statement of Economic Interests filing requirements, which requires disclosure of certain personal economic interests as determined by the Conflict of Interest Code of the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development. Pursuant to Government Code section 81008, Form 700 Statement of Economic Interests is public record and will be made available for public inspection.

Do you have the following education or experience?


Either I

Two years of experience in the California state service performing difficult construction inspection/supervision duties for the construction or modification of a full range of health facilities or other complex, multistoried buildings at a level not less than that of Construction Supervisor I.


Four years of experience as the representative of an architect, engineer, or building owner performing full-time technical inspection or supervision of general building construction projects. (Experience working as a full-time technical inspector or supervisor for an architect, engineer, or owner of a building under construction may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.) (Experience as a plan checker or field inspector for a city or county building department may substitute for up to one-half of the required experience on a year-for-year basis.) and


The equivalence of graduation from college with major work in engineering or architecture. (Additional qualifying experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.)

If so, you may meet the minimum qualifications. Apply today!