One of the original off-price retailers, Tuesday Morning is a leading destination for unique home and lifestyle goods. Our customers come to us for an exceptional assortment of brand names at great prices. Our primary merchandise mix includes luxury home textiles, home furnishings, housewares and seasonal décor. With almost 500 stores across the country, we are in the neighborhood in convenient, accessible locations. As Tuesday Morning takes the lead in off-price retail, we want motivated, hard-working, and result-oriented people by our side. Our mission is to share our passion for finding the incredible deal! Won’t you join us?
Interested in joining a rapidly changing company with lots of compensation project analysis/modeling opportunities? The Compensation Analyst has ownership for the communication, analysis, and administration of the organization’s Compensation programs and processes. In addition, based on the rapidly changing structures of the stores and distribution centers, will be able to model new and innovative compensation program designs for consideration.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts analyses of jobs, hourly wages, salaries, and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, market competitiveness, and legal compliance of the company’s pay practices.
- Participates in market-based compensation surveys/uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- ·Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other compensation tools to determine competitive ranges for each position.
- ·Evaluates job descriptions to ensure content reflects appropriate job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
- Summarizes data, and provides management with analysis and recommendations in both written and verbal formats.
- Uses the HRIS system as our system of record to flag compensation program participation and to pull reports to support program administration.
- Conducts data and cost analyses, prepares and presents recommendations regarding the development of company market rates, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Supports the annual merit review process, the quarterly stores bonus plan processing, and the annual incentive plan calculation process.
- Reviews requests for job analysis, including requests for new job titles or changes to existing job descriptions, and approves changes if necessary.
- Regularly evaluates salary structure and compensation policies; recommends changes based on salary survey data and internal equity.
- Prepares special studies and recommendations on subjects such as plan design, pay equity, minimum wage, severance, budgeting and forecasting, etc.
- Advises management on compensation actions for associates.
- May review and/or approve job transfers and promotions in the HRIS system.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of compensation experience.
- CCP preferred.
- Team player, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers of all levels, including Officers.
- Able to maintain data integrity through attention to detail and accuracy, prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines, and process, manipulate, and summarize reports.
- Able to have the flexibility to work extended hours during peak compensation season based on our fiscal year, generally May – mid-September.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- A strong understanding of HRIS systems and relational databases. Experience with PayNet market pricing system and UKG UltiPro HRIS system, a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, project management, decision-making and time management skills.
Strong skills in MS Office & Google applications.
What we offer
- Hybrid work schedule for corporate based positions (based on the needs of the business)
- Medical, Dental and Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- 401 (k) Savings Plan
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday schedule
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Generous Employee Discount
- Bereavement Leave
- Pet Insurance