Compass Program — Advertising Sales, Entry-Level Rotational Program
At Spectrum Reach we offer a hybrid work arrangement for most roles.
SUMMARY…WHAT IS THE COMPASS PROGRAM?
The Spectrum Reach COMPASS Program is a 24-month position designed specifically for entry level candidates who have the desire to develop into future business leaders within the Sales organization. Participants will have hands on experience working with our sales teams and support departments. Having the foundational knowledge of sales and how the Spectrum Reach works will develop you to become a successful Advertising Account Executive (AE) upon completion. Participants will rotate throughout these departments before moving into a full-time sales position.
Phase I (12 months) – Understanding Sales and the Advertising Landscape
Some of the departments you will gain experience in are:
- Client Success (Sales Support)
- Advanced Advertising (Digital Advertising)
- Campaign Management
- Category & Client Development
- Media Research & Insights
- Inventory/Yield Management
- Traffic (Traditional and Digital)
Phase II (12 months) – Hands-on Sales Training
- AE Training Program focused on selling basics – both instructional and hands-on
- Continued training on our products and services
- Focus on new business development
AT THE END OF THE ROTATION…
This is not just a temporary position. You will be guaranteed a position as an Advertising Account Executive. Relocation will be provided if a role is open in another city within our footprint.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM…
- Prepare you for a career in Advertising Sales by giving you the foundational knowledge of our products and offerings and an understanding of the broader advertising landscape.
- Hands-on experience throughout the sales cycle including an understanding of the tools that will help you become successful.
- Gain experience in cross functional departments to shape the understanding of why Spectrum Reach is the leader in advertising sales.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES…
- Support and gain experience from the Sales team at Spectrum Reach working with local, national, and agency clients to learn how we partner with them to meet their advertising goals.
- Participate in creating custom solutions that allow clients to reach their targeted audience across all advertising platforms by leveraging data driven, advanced advertising solutions.
- Work closely with Client Success department in providing pre and post-sales support, end to end workflow support ensuring effective campaign delivery for the Spectrum Reach clients.
Advanced Advertising (Digital Advertising)
- Collaborate with the Advanced Advertising team to provide products and platforms including but not limited to OTT/Streaming, VOD, Search, Online Video and Display.
- Learn how to stay ahead of the advertising trends, emerging technology, competitive landscape and how to communicate these complex topics to local agencies and businesses.
- Work with Campaign Management team in providing pre-sale and post-sale support for large, complex Advanced Advertising clients.
- Support Advanced Advertising accounts efficiently to meet our client’s advertising needs and goals.
Client & Category Development
- Work with the Client & Category Development team to support sales teams to develop and execute multiscreen solutions for our larger clients with a focus on industry specific verticals such as Healthcare, Auto, Political, etc.
Media Research & Insights
- Collaborate with the Media Research & Insights team in developing and executing integrated, client-focused marketing and advertising solutions. The MR&I team takes complex and robust data and turns it into with concise stories that show clear and impactful analysis and visualizations for our clients.
- Support the Regional Pricing and Planning teams in forecasting inventory and optimizing yield across all networks to ensure client delivery and drive results.
- Work with Traffic teams to learn how they support the placement of traditional and digital ads for the entire Spectrum Reach footprint.
- Assist with coordination both television and digital advertising schedules across the country and ensure that our clients’ orders are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications
- It is essential that this person is collaborative and has the ability to work well with all of our internal and external partners
- Demonstrated experience with presentations and public speaking
- High degree of integrity and ethics
- Adept at working within a fast-paced environment
- Any experience with sales, especially relationship based selling, including Internships is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field. Minimum GPA 3.0 at time of graduation