View job on Handshake
You are a great communicator, team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented, critical thinker with excellent analytical, a strong work ethic and relationship building skills.
Our Commercial Analyst Development Program (CADP) is an exciting opportunity for new graduates to prepare for success as an Analyst and accelerate their career within Commercial Banking.
Analysts will complete 12 weeks of intensive classroom-based training in Chicago, to develop key competencies and technical skills. Upon successful completion, Analysts will be placed within a line of business.
This role starts July 2022. We are actively seeking new/recent graduates (undergrad).
Facilitates decisioning and analysis of all types of credit information to support lending decisions and processes for the bank. Maintains and promotes a client service environment to satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Acts timely, efficiently and independently, taking ownership of client satisfaction.
- May include focused calling and pipeline management activities.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Conducts thorough analysis of client capital and credit risk.
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing customers.
- Partners with internal stakeholders for accurate, detailed client information.
- Develops credit information to make lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Assists in negotiations of terms and conditions of all decisions made via phone and e-mail interaction with clients.
- Prepares summary, present facts and offer opinions concerning credit worthiness.
- Minimizes BMO’s risk exposure by adhering to internal credit policies and procedures with respect to lending decisions.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 – 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Credit qualification required.
- 3-5 years of previous Commercial Loan and Credit analyst experience required.
- In depth specific functional knowledge and broad business knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional skills in quantitative analytics and credit analysis skills.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the Internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Basic understanding of risk management concepts
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.