View job on Handshake
The CNC Machinist assembles, repairs and fabricates metal parts by operating mechanical equipment (CNC Mills and/or Lathes). The CNC Machinist will interpret drawings and read operation sheets for material and dimensional requirements.
Responsibilities – CNC Machinist/Operator:
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications
- Mount, install, align and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and workpieces on machines
- Lift workpieces to machines manually, with hoists or a crane
- Adjust machine feed and speed or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction
- Work with Engineering to optimize programs