The Viral Vaccine Preventable Disease Branch (VVPDB) is recruiting an ORISE fellow to support implementation of work across three Programs, measles, rubella and Cytomegalovirus (CMV) on the MeRC team. Current and planned work is conducted through contracts and cooperative agreements. This year the CMV Program will be expanding its scope of work, leading CMV state-based surveillance pilots in 2-3 states through Surveillance for Emerging Threats Network (SET-NET), a mother-child surveillance system led by the National Center for Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities. To manage this project, including financial management, state coordination, tracking and surveillance we’re recruiting an ORISE fellow to assist. Additional work will come from cooperative agreements exploring clusters of low measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) coverage and underlying causes in selected states.
As a Public Health Analyst you will:
- Help establish and maintain an integrated system of information to collect and analyze data to assess program needs in terms of strategies, services, and resources.
- Assist with administering a comprehensive public health program, including, but not limited to, service delivery, assessment, surveillance, quality assurance, partnerships and collaborations, and program implementation and evaluation.
- Collect and analyze data to address highly complex program needs. Develop and/or help recommend program intervention, prevention, and/or control strategies. Assist with the preparation of reports for use in evaluating program operations and the other work incidental to the development of information gathering system.
- Perform duties related to the development, extension, and improvement of health care systems and/or communications.
· Assists in the planning, development and implementation of intramural and extramural program policy objectives. Participates in the review of policy and program objectives; Provides technical assistance to teams in the development of agreements, fiscal documents and scopes of work.
· Participates in the oversight and administrative management of contracts, cooperative agreements. The incumbent provides a variety of administrative, technical, and support services in the review, evaluation, and execution of administrative and extramural contracts and awards.