View job on Handshake
- USA, Lexington (MA), Genedata Profiler
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with innovative software solutions that incorporate extensive biopharma R&D domain knowledge. Multinational biopharmaceutical organizations and cutting-edge biotechs around the globe rely on Genedata to digitalize and automate data-rich and complex R&D processes. From early discovery all the way to the clinic, Genedata solutions help maximize the ROI in R&D expenditure. Founded in 1997, Genedata is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Boston, London, Munich, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo.
About the Role
Are you a translational, clinical research scientist, or data scientist working for a biopharma organization or CRO, wanting to make a real impact on patient care? We are seeking to grow our successful, highly innovative, and interdisciplinary business team in our East Coast Office.
As a Clinical Data Scientist for the Genedata Profiler platform, you will be a key member of our dynamic team, empowered to have a significant impact on the continuous growth of our business. You will work with our partners in translational and clinical research achieving their vision of precision medicine through leveraging the full power of clinical, molecular, and imaging data. This includes consulting our customers to optimize their scientific data analysis workflows and using your scientific and technical knowledge to solve real-world clinical challenges.
This full-time position is based in Lexington, MA and requires regular travel within US (about twice per month), and occasional travel to Europe.
- Be the scientific expert related to translational and clinical data analysis in general and the use of our Genedata Profiler software in particular,
- Support Genedata Profiler implementation projects through user engagement, consulting, business process analysis, and solution design,
- Work with our Business Development team in establishing and communicating the value of Genedata Profiler to prospects and customers,
- Scope and perform customer data science projects and ensure results delivery at the level of excellence that our customers know us for,
- Identify new business opportunities in collaboration with the business team,
- Establish relationships with our customers by being their first contact and a partner on scientific and technical matters,
- Channel the insights gathered through your customer interactions back to our Development and Product Management team.
Skills & Experience
- PhD or MS in bioinformatics, data sciences, health sciences, or related discipline,
- 3+ years’ experience working with phenotype, clinical, and molecular data in clinical or translational research: exploratory clinical trial data, biomarker research, patient stratification, or companion diagnostic approaches, ideally at a CRO, in a clinic or a pharma company,
- Understanding of statistics and specific methods applicable to ‘omics data and clinical statistics,
- Presentation and communication skills: Present complex scientific and basic IT concepts to a multitude of stakeholders in training, workshop, or sales situations,
- Experience with scripting languages (preferably Python, R),
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical research and familiarity with biopharma research and development processes,
- Highly motivated self-starter with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills within a cross-functional environment,
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to interact productively with scientists, managers, and IT experts both internally and externally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly at our website.