View job on Handshake
It’s not hard to come to work each day when you’re preventing pollution, saving energy, and helping the world mitigate and become more resilient to impacts from climate change. ICF is at the forefront of preparing leading-edge technical and policy analyses, identifying viable market solutions, building real-world management tools, and implementing programs to decarbonize our economy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Our team works with all levels of government, multilateral institutions, and commercial clients to develop emissions inventories and carbon footprints; conduct greenhouse gas mitigation policy analyses; develop climate action plans and sustainability strategies; support organizational sustainability; and assess the performance of global programs (e.g., climate funds, multilateral development banks), and identify ways they could improve.
ICF is hiring multiple positions to assist in data analysis and related activities to support our climate change work.
Candidates MUST have all the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in climate change or sustainability topics.
- Comfort performing quantitative analyses and managing and analyzing large datasets.
- Experience with advanced math coursework, scientific computing, large data analysis, or working with NetCDF, GeoTIFF, or CMIP climate projections.
- The ability to use data to help “tell a story” and provide salient information with which our clients can make decisions.
- Comfort reading and interpreting scientific information.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree by Summer 2022 in Atmospheric Sciences, Economics, Chemistry, Math, Earth Sciences, or related field.
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.2 or higher.
Although not required to apply, candidates are encouraged to highlight any experience with the following:
- Experience working with climate data and/or atmospheric science knowledge
- Life-Cycle analysis
These are entry-level positions, intended for candidates who have 0-1 years of experience and are available to start working in Summer 2022. Most positions will be in Arlington, VA. The positions focused on utilities/energy resilience may be located in Arlington, New York City, or Cambridge, MA.
PLEASE NOTE: We will begin reviewing applications in late January 2022 and expect interviews to start in February 2022.