View job on Handshake
American Century Investments® is a leading global asset manager with over 60 years of experience helping investors achieve their financial goals. Serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors, we offer a wide range of investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines.
We value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) with a focus on employee engagement, talent development and community partnerships as an integral part of our culture.
Client Portfolio Management Analyst Program
This two-year, non-rotational, undergraduate program has been crafted for those eager to gain exposure and experience in the Asset Management industry, who have a passion for quantitative research and client services.
In this role, you will…
Gain a broad understanding of the Investment Management industry and develop a deep knowledge of analytic platforms such as: FactSet, Bloomberg, MSCI Barra, MorningstarDirect, Tableau, and Python.
Be empowered to find inefficiencies, challenge the status quo, and bring a collaborative and innovative approach towards problems.
Support Client Portfolio Managers (CPMs) and Senior CPM Analysts by researching and analyzing portfolios and capital markets as well as interpreting investment results. Your contributions may support client inquiries, investment teams, marketing materials, or research papers. You will also respond to requests for data, research, or analysis from a diverse set of business partners.
Develop meaningful working relationships with teams and business partners across the firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Passion for investing; interest in or progress towards CFA highly desired.
- Enthusiastic and curious.
- Excellent verbal, written and communications skills.
- Ability to work on assignments independently, using a high level of judgment and initiative in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Strong data manipulation and technical skills along with strong analytical reasoning, critical thinking, and quantitative aptitude.
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy and timely follow through.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, particularly Excel.
- Experience with data visualization, data structure, and/or analytical tools, e.g. Tableau, Python, VBA desired.
Analysts start with a hands-on training program crafted to expose you to all facets of the role, the company and the industry. You will work directly with the CPM team to learn the skills and knowledge needed to make a proven contribution to the team. You will be paired with a mentor to support their career growth during their tenure and will mostly learn through on-the-job experience and mentoring. Analysts may also be matched to a specific investment area over time.
After Two Years…
The highest performing Analysts who optimally complete the CPM Analyst Program will be well-prepared to pursue next level roles in Asset Management at ACI and in the financial services industry overall.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.
- To ensure a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees, clients, and visitors, American Century Investments currently requires all U.S. based new hires to have submitted proof of having received the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the position start date unless they have obtained a reasonable accommodation.
American Century Investment Services, Inc., Distributor.
©2019 American Century Proprietary Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.