TURN YOUR INGENUITY INTO A REWARDING CAREER
We’re looking for winter 2022 & spring 2023 graduates who bring a fresh perspective and want to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. As a member of our Energy and Utilities team, you will form the foundation of our ability to solve the world’s toughest problems.
Become part of the team
PA’s Consulting’s historical commitment to Clean Energy Transformation and making a positive human and environmental impact predates much of the policy changes you see in the news today. The energy markets team addresses the ambitious transformation targets of today’s clients and it’s main focus is to produce long-term power market and price projections to underpin and influence business planning and strategy decisions.
The role will involve the creation and maintenance of long-term market and fundamental price projections for U.S. clean energy markets, in addition to other electricity/ power markets. These views will require the development and maintenance of power market models, data and assumptions to provide a quantitative and fundamental framework for valuation in the long-term space. Analysis performed by the individual and team will have a direct linkage through asset/business-specific price projections to commercial value creation.
You will be involved in a diverse range of projects with exposure to the energy sector. The role will require working in close collaboration with internal customers and alignment with the fundamental modeling team.
This is the ideal role for you if you:
- Create and maintain long-term energy market and price projections in U.S power market
- Provide asset/business-specific price projections, including for investment and planning purposes
- Provide power market insights to inform strategy development
- Develop and maintain power market models, data, and assumptions
- Monitor power market outlook developments in U.S., and other power markets
- Work collaboratively with clients, trading, strategy, and insight teams
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., public policy/administration, economics, political science, energy studies). An advanced degree is preferred.
- Passion of U.S. energy markets
- Understanding of long-term optimization and simulation penergy market models
- Strong analytical skills and experience synthesizing complex data from multiple sources into clear and consistent structures
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge, including VBA
- Able to work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with stakeholders around the world from many cultures and backgrounds
- Able to build and maintain extensive internal and external networks
- Enhancing and contributing to propositions, supporting business development and thought leadership activities.
- Successfully navigating and meeting deadlines that span a number of different projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage 5-10 projects concurrently and adjust to shifting deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Previous experience and comfort with modeling and quantitative analysis.
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Able to work in US; we are unable to accept CPT/OPT at this time
Location: Based in Denver
- Group medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account with company match
- 401 (k) Savings Plan with company profit sharing contribution
- Commuter and Parking tax-savings benefit
- 15 days paid vacation days with opportunity to buy five additional days
- 10 paid Holidays plus 10 paid sick days
- Annual performance-based bonus
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
As we are unable to sponsor, US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.