Job Title: Summer 2022 Undergraduate Intern
Location: Phoenix AZ
Position Terms: Hourly Full-time W-2 Employee (Current permanent U.S. work authorization required)
About this opportunity:
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest-growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We are seeking passionate undergraduate students for our 2022 summer internship opportunities. Our Interns will have the opportunity to professionally grow and develop in our fulfillment centers by getting hands-on managerial training and being able to have a firsthand experience at our face-paced workstyle. As a member of the Chewy Internship Program, you will receive an individualized investment in your career skills and leadership development with the intent of becoming a full-time Chewtopian at the commencement of your education.
Our Campus program is a hands-on 10-week internship opportunity to put your classroom knowledge, passion for operations management, and intellectual drive to work in a fast-paced environment. We welcome your push for intellectual contribution and results-driven leadership to our continual improvement operating principles.
What you’ll do:
At Chewy you will accelerate your career development and have an immediate impact on Chewy fulfillment operations. You will support project analysis for proper receiving, storage, and shipping of our pet retail products, ensuring best practice and increased efficiency in operations. You will be working side-by-side with our business leaders who are passionate about supporting your development and changing the way America shops for its pets.
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled with superior academic performance in a Bachelor of Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related program at an accredited university and returning to the program after the completion of this internship opportunity. Expected graduation of Fall 2022, or Spring 2023.
- Proven leadership experience through a combination of prior work experience, internships, college athletics, campus programs, or military service.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills at the tactical and strategic levels.
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of lifting up to 49 pounds and stand and /or walk for up to an entire shift.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the 10-week internship.