WHO WE ARE
THE POSITION: Executive Compensation Consulting Analyst
Mercer’s Executive Compensation group helps companies design, assess, and execute performance measurement and rewards strategies that reinforce business objectives. We do this by understanding our clients’ unique strategies, capabilities, and company cultures, applying our design and analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of global market practices to deliver effective results. Our clients are primarily senior executives and Board members at Fortune 500 companies.
Within this context, we help our clients:
- Analyze company and industry financial performance and calibrate pay levels to performance results
- Align rewards with value-creating business strategies
- Translate business strategies and shareholder expectations into performance measurement and goal-setting systems (e.g., annual and long-term incentive program design)
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and their implications and monitor global market trends
WHAT WE VALUE
- Excellent analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- BBA degree with graduation year in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023. A concentration(s) in finance and/or accounting is highly preferred. Additional concentrations will be considered provided candidate has strong background in finance, accounting, economics, and/or mathematics
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.5 / 4.0)
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Modeling to determine the valuation and financial impact of various cash and equity incentive programs
- Performing financial analyses of industry sectors and client peer groups
- Determining competitive pay positioning through analysis of SEC filings (e.g. proxy statements)
- Collaborating with project team on most effective ways to structure analyses and present information to meet client objectives
- Contributing to the creation of client deliverables
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even 1 day off for community service!
Please apply here in handshake. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first-round interview.