View job on Handshake
WHO WE ARE
THE POSITION: Career Consulting Summer Associate
Mercer is uniquely qualified to help organizations design and execute sophisticated workforce strategies, whether it’s for a multinational organization or a local company attempting to grow within its market. We provide best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights that help organizations make fact-based decisions.
As a first year MBA, the first step in your career with Mercer’s Career business is as a Career Summer Associate. In this position, you will work with a broad range of clients and industries in a stimulating environment, participating as an integral member of project teams to diagnose issues and design strategic solutions that support clients’ success. A Career Associate collaborates with colleagues on numerous and varied projects in a learning-oriented environment and contributes to projects in multiple practice areas.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Progress toward first year completion of an MBA or master’s degree in an HR field with expected graduation of Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Significant coursework in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, HR, and accounting
- Three to five years of relevant work experience in management consulting, compensation, finance, HR, corporate communications, accounting, or strategy preferred
- Project management experience; Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE:
- Work with a project team, helping with strategy, project timelines and budgets, and conducting client research
- Assist in the preparation of client communications and presentations; including but not limited to recommendations for boards of directors, executives, senior management, and HR leaders
- Participate in client engagement meetings and presentations
- Review clients’ strategic business objectives and their implications for rewards, leadership, organization performance, and other HR policies and practices
- Conduct research and analysis on industry and organization-specific issues, that may span areas such as business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends, global expansion, and best practices in career management
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first-round interview. The first-round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the HireVue platform.