At Element Markets, we are passionate about making an impact in a decarbonizing economy and helping our clients do well by doing good. As leaders in our space and with recent backing by one of the largest private equity firms in the world, we’re growing our team and seeking talented individuals with leadership ambitions, entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for problem-solving and client service. If you are a high-energy team player striving for excellence on the job, dedicated to success, and looking for a challenge, Element Markets is interested in hearing from you. Applicants with unconventional backgrounds and experience are welcome. In return for your commitment and hard work, we offer a highly competitive salary, good benefits, and an enriching work environment that provides ample opportunities for learning and career advancement in a fast-growing industry.
Element Markets is seeking a full-time operations analyst to support the company’s carbon desk. Please email your resume and cover letter to Heather Rogers at email@example.com.
- Manage carbon offset project data collection from 20+ projects nationwide
- Assist in carbon offset project verification and credit issuance processes
- Provide analytical support for projects and initiatives to help shape EM’s corporate strategy
- Research and report on voluntary carbon protocols—examine new opportunities for carbon offset generation
- Work cross-functionally with operations, accounting, legal, and leadership to support internal reporting and financial projections
- Demonstrated analytical process thinking and problem-solving – prior professional experience, internships and/or collegiate research
- Successful project/task management track record Strong skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Data analysis/visualization experience is highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate complex scientific data and technical information in layman’s terms
- Knowledge of carbon markets, GHG policies and markets, and related regulatory policies preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-3 yrs work experience or applicable internships
About Element Markets
Element Markets is a leading provider of environmental commodities and trusted partner for organizations with sustainability initiatives or compliance requirements. The Company was founded in 2005 and has since transacted over 50 million tonnes of carbon credits. In addition, Element Markets is the largest regional marketer of emissions credits in the United States and was recently selected the “Emissions House of the Year” by Energy Risk Magazine. Element Markets is headquartered in Houston, Texas with a satellite office in Carlsbad, California.