View job on Handshake
Location: Bethesda, MD
GRSi, the 2021 Maryland Tech Council Government Contractor of the Year, is experiencing industry-leading growth. We have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in the country for seven years and are led by Maryland’s 2019 CEO of the Year. As part of our growth, we are searching for a Capture Manager. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
The Capture Manager must possess a solid and mature understanding of the Federal government, established professional experience, direct and proven relationships in the defense and civilian sector, hands on understanding of development lifecycle, systems integration, with emphasis on research and development in the life sciences sector, and related functional areas to grow a successful practice, leveraging our corporate assets and past experience for adjacent and emerging markets. The candidate is expected to bring demonstrable, solid and well-developed relationships and contacts with government and private industries, including hands-on experience in the complete BD lifecycle process.
The candidate must have:
-Solid understanding of life sciences, business drivers, and information technology to support the development and growth of GRSi’s entire portfolio of business.
-Proven experience in the Defense Cybersecurity, civilian agency IT, Health IT, or DOD Engineering environment and key captures.
-Experience with major GWAC, IDIQs in DoD, MHS, and civilian sector.
-Understanding of technology trends, systems and application lifecycle and supporting these in the health and life sciences sectors.
The Capture Manager will be focused on developing market strategies and implementing and executing the strategies on specific strategic pursuits. The Capture Manager is responsible for developing an overall account strategy, developing, qualifying, maturing, and closing a high value dollar pipeline of opportunities that support the account strategy. The candidate will take ownership and be accountable for development and implementation of the win strategies, teaming, price-to-win strategies and leadership on activities from initial gate reviews through contract award. Their specific duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
– Responsible for identifying, shaping, and capturing federal services opportunities in assigned accounts.
– Lead business development and capture process to include: customer contact, opportunity identification and analysis, competitive intelligence, gap analysis, and being directly involved in teaming strategy, teaming agreements, and supporting proposal responses.
– Fostering relationships with large business federal contractors, federal government contract officers and program managers, contract officers, and other personnel to identify opportunities.
– Developing a strong understanding of both customer issues and our information technology and consulting services to help align our services to address their issues.
– Conduct opportunity and information searches for opportunities using tools such as FBO, FPDS, USASpending, Customer Forecasts, and internal databases.
– Must display an extremely high level of verbal and written communication skills to present and inform customers of the company’s understanding of customer needs and requirements and ability to meet these requirements.
– Help support other teammates as required and assist as necessary in improving business development, capture, and strategic planning processes within the organization.
– BA / BS in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related degree.
– CSM, Agile SAFe or PMP and training in Shipley Methodology a plus
– 5+ years direct business development / capture experience focused on consulting or IT services business development.
– Strong understanding of Federal Government procurement lifecycle, Requests for Proposals, Sources Sought, Request for Information and Proposal Responses.
– Ability to lead business development and capture efforts when required, which may include: customer contact, opportunity identification and analysis, competitive intelligence, gap analysis, teaming strategy, teaming outreach, negotiating teaming agreements and being a key member of proposal response team.
– Experience with MS Office, SharePoint, and CRM to generate reports, presentations, metrics, and other data necessary to support bid decisions.
– Experience in an IT Services environment focused on information management, analytics or software and system engineering preferred
– Self-Starter, with the ability to act with minimal guidance and direction when required.
– Ability to work in a fast paced, small business environment.
– Ability to take initiative and proactively drive processes and deadlines.
Innovation, Collaboration and Agility – at GRSi these aren’t buzz words, they’re our mantra.
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services — from systems integration; Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full spectrum cyber security and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunity.
GRSi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*2021 – Government Contractor of the Year, MD Tech Council, Multi-Year Top5 Tech Company*
*2020 – Inc. Magazine Fastest-Growing Companies, 6x Honoree*
*2020 – G2Xchange NXT UP Federal Emerging Technology and Consulting Firms*
*2019 – MD Tech Council CEO of the Year*
*ISO 9001:2015, 20000-1:2018 & 27001:2013 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*
Requisition ID: 6747