View job on Handshake
**Candidates are highly encouraged to officially apply through the company’s application system at:
About the Comptroller’s Office
Innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence best describes the culture here at the Comptroller’s Office. We take pride in the work we do serving as Texas’ accountant, tax collector, treasurer, and much more!
Our agency workforce is as diverse as the people of Texas we serve. We value our employees and take very seriously our collective commitment to public service. Personal development opportunities are strongly encouraged through available workshops, teambuilding exercises, and on the job training. We offer flexible scheduling that helps employees maintain a healthy work-life balance.
If you are seeking to gain knowledge, build your career, and network among goal-oriented professionals, this is the place for you!
The Comptroller’s office is seeking a Systems Analyst in the Fiscal Management Division. The work involves analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems in the planning, development, and implementation of enhancements to the statewide financial systems and other related applications. Exceptional customer service skills and systems support experience needed. The candidate will learn new concepts quickly and apply knowledge appropriately in highly active environment and changing circumstances.
This position may be eligible for a flexible/hybrid work schedule if certain conditions are met; working arrangements may change at any time as business necessitates.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience with process or systems analysis work in support of any large-scale ERP system that has integrated multiple business units (multi tenancy) across human capital management and all associated modules.
- 3 years of experience working with systems security theory and practice, or use of application security features in any large-scale ERP system, including direct communication with customers or end users to assist with security, and
- 2 years of experience using PeopleSoft version 9.1 or above.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Business, Public Administration, Communications, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems)
- Two years of experience with process or systems analysis work in identity access management.
- Strong working knowledge of least privilege methodology with security rights, permissions, and groups.
- Experience in basic troubleshooting skills with networking and computer systems.
- Experience with interfaces and analysis of process or error logs.
- Expertise in identity access management solutions.
- Familiarity with the Texas.gov Digital Identity Solution (TDIS).
- Experience in troubleshooting identity access management issues related to passwords, one-time passcodes, and multi-factor authentication.
- Experience in providing help desk support for computer systems, hardware, or software.
- Familiarity with the CAPPS and/or PeopleSoft Human Resources module, version 9.1 or higher.
Education requirement may be substituted with up to four (4) years of related experience.
In this role you will:
Knowledge of software development life cycle methodology.
Knowledge of software change control processes.
Knowledge of structured query language.
Knowledge of human resources, payroll, and accounting processing procedures.
Skill in using standard office software and equipment.
Skill in performing business or systems analysis using a defined methodology.
Skill in identifying and analyzing resources needed and actions to be taken to ensure division needs are met with a quality product.
Ability to willingly share information and expertise with others.
Ability to identify and communicate personal training and development needs to supervisor with personal development plan at the beginning of each appraisal cycle; attend, apply and share training information with section personnel.