View job on Handshake
SMBC Capital Markets, Inc. is a derivatives trading company which was started in 1988 and is based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. SMBC Capital Markets, Inc. is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange products such as interest & FX swaps, FRAs, options, exotic products, commodity derivatives as well as exchange traded products such as treasury bonds, interest rate futures & options, currency futures, treasury futures & options, etc.
In this Marketing Analyst role, you will join our Derivative Sales & Marketing desk to support our Senior Derivatives Marketers with our Advisory clients. You will work alongside other Junior Marketers on daily trade execution and client management, and assist in the whole trade life cycle from counterparty onboarding, pre trade modeling, live trade execution and post trade support.
- Learn to use pricing models and internal systems.
- Manage trade pricing and trade execution independently.
- Liaise with back-office on onboarding and ongoing documentation/back office requirements including Legal, AML, KYC, and Regulatory requirements.
- Communicate directly with clients on operational and administrative matters.
- Automate excel spreadsheets and prepare weekly internal reports including P&L and trade reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preference for business, economics, finance or quantitative fields (math, science, engineering).
- 0-2 years relevant experience or internships in finance/accounting or banking.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic personality.
- Demonstrated work ethic through extracurricular activities, internships and work experience.
- Demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new processes and systems. Works well in a culturally diverse and team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of information.
- Self-driven and motivated; takes personal ownership of specific assignments.
- Ability to organize thoughts and clearly articulate points and provide summaries and explanations of transactions, verbally or in writing to management or other internal departments.