Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking interns for our Data Engineering and Analytics (DEA) practice. Organizations
are continually amassing large amounts of data but are struggling to gain useful insight from the data. DEA interns assist in helping organizations unlock value from their data.
Interns in our Data Engineering and Analytics practice have these primary responsibilities:
DEA interns are expected to showcase business acumen as well as technical problem-solving skills. The role requires understanding of business processes, background in data analysis, and skills in data structures and querying, preferably in the context of the Microsoft business intelligence stack.
- Interviewing, presenting to, and working alongside client counterparts, including client executives
- Understanding the needs of organizations in order to intelligently recommend solutions
- Collaborating with West Monroe project team members
- Taking initiative to complete project tasks based on high-level guidance
- Assessing and documenting client business processes
- Gathering and writing design requirements
- Performing database development and scripting (Python or other similar languages) to fit the business needs of the client
- Querying data in order to produce useful analysis and insights
- Developing with Business Intelligence tools, including ETL and Cubes
- Designing and developing reports, dashboards, and visualizations (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Being an active participant in West Monroe’s culture and attending social events
- Learning and participating in the business development and sales process by assisting with project proposals, presentations and new client activities
- Taking entrepreneurial ownership of the practice by contributing to the development of approaches, methodologies and solutions for client engagements
Here’s what you should bring to the table
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with client representatives at all levels
- Enthusiastic, friendly, motivated, and positive team builder
- Preferred Experience with one or more of the following:
- Querying Databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Basic Programming/Scripting Languages
- ETL Tools (Snowflake, etc.)
- Reporting and Data Visualization Tools (Microsoft Reporting Services, Tableau, QlikView, etc.)
- Desire for continuous learning
- Bachelor’s degree in progress with an anticipated graduation date between December 2022 and July 2023
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without limitation
- Ability to Travel Monday – Thursday (weekly) up to 50%
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About West Monroe
West Monroe is a national consulting firm that was born in technology but built for business—partnering with companies in transformative industries to deliver real, measurable results. Technology is who we are, it is not something we bolted on overnight, and we believe it is one of the greatest enablers of business value. That’s why we work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams that blend industry expertise with deep operational and technology capabilities to create quantifiable, financial value for our clients. Our 1,500 employees based in seven offices across the United States also own 100% of our business, so when you partner with us you know we are committed—because your success is our success. Our undeniably different approach breeds undeniable results. Visit westmonroe.com to learn more.