Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking entry-level consultants for our Operations Excellence – Financial Management practice. Operations Excellence (OpEx) is the optimization engine of West Monroe. OpEx consultants succeed in the evolving global marketplace by helping our clients realize the enduring benefits of business, process, and organizational optimization. OpEx consultants work side-by-side with client teams to deliver best practices and transform operations related to business and technology. OpEx consultants are an integral part of full-lifecycle projects, including strategy & planning, business process optimization, technology implementation and change management. OpEx consultants build a foundation of business process knowledge and industry expertise, while gaining hands-on experience with supporting technologies.
OpEx Financial Management consultants work closely with our clients to improve processes, provide advisory on finance operations and platforms, while applying best practices to their organization. This role will also have an opportunity to work with other West Monroe practice areas like M&A, Corporate Transformation, and industry vertical teams.
Consultants in our Operations Excellence – Financial Management practice have these primary responsibilities:
- Selection of new technologies (e.g., ERP) and support implementations
- Assess current state business and IT application landscapes
- Develop and align IT strategy with key business objectives and create future state roadmaps
- Help with facilitation of software selection process – from documenting our client’s requirements through to evaluating a shortlist of software vendors and recommending a “best fit” solution based upon key findings
- Execute implementations – assisting with Project Management activities and performing core implementation activities (e.g., design, build, configure, test, deploy)
- Assist private equity clients with operational and IT due diligence
- Assess alignment between business strategy and IT strategy
- Analyze capabilities and skill sets of IT organization
- Understand core business processes and system utilization
- Assist client CFOs in identifying and implementing improvement opportunities in financial close, reporting, forecasting, and analytics
- Assess current state business processes and the technology enablement of key processes within the Office of the CFO
- Analyze and identify key areas of opportunity for alignment between business strategy and Finance strategy
- Develop transformational roadmaps to modernize and optimize our client’s financial processes, technologies, and people
Here’s what you should bring to the table:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with client representatives at all levels
- Enthusiastic, friendly, motivated, and positive team builder
- Desire for continuous learning
- Bachelor’s degree in progress with an anticipated graduation date between December 2021 and July 2022
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without limitation
- Ability to Travel Monday – Thursday (weekly) up to 50%
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About West Monroe
West Monroe is a national consulting firm that was born in technology but built for business—partnering with companies in transformative industries to deliver real, measurable results. Technology is who we are, it is not something we bolted on overnight, and we believe it is one of the greatest enablers of business value. That’s why we work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams that blend industry expertise with deep operational and technology capabilities to create quantifiable, financial value for our clients. Our 1,500 employees based in seven offices across the United States also own 100% of our business, so when you partner with us you know we are committed—because your success is our success. Our undeniably different approach breeds undeniable results. Visit westmonroe.com to learn more.