Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking consulting interns for our Healthcare & Life Sciences Practice. Healthcare & Life Sciences (HLS) interns succeed in the evolving marketplace by assisting payor, provider, and specialty healthcare clients achieve their business strategies via adaptable processes, integrated systems, and technology modernization.
HLS interns help define best practices based on a combination of global trends, local market conditions, and industry-specific business requirements. Then, we work side-by-side with client teams to deliver these best practices and transform their operations. Our projects generally range in size from 6-10 resources, and usually last 3-6 months.
Interns in our Healthcare and Life Sciences practice have these primary responsibilities:
- Evaluate, propose, and execute new business solutions that enable and drive client performance
- Advise clients on how best to adapt to and take advantage of change caused by healthcare legislation, trends, and technologies
- Participate in business process optimization
- Requirements gathering and gap analysis
- Business process mapping and redesign
- Creation of target business model
- Develop IT strategy and roadmaps
- Assess current state business and application architectures
- Develop and align IT strategy with key business objectives
- Deliver future state roadmap with IT and business architecture solutions
- Assist private equity clients in risk mitigation and technology cost expectations when considering mergers and acquisitions
- Assess alignment with business strategy and IT strategy
- Assess capabilities and skill sets of IT organization
- Understand core business processes and system utilization
- Manage vendor selection efforts
- Requirements gathering and vendor analysis
- Assist in the development and implementation of designed solution
- Collaborate in creating materials and executing training sessions
- Participate in project management office opportunities to oversee cross functional engagements
Here’s what you should bring to the table
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Solid analytical skills and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships and drive deliverables on site across a variety of healthcare industries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with client representatives at all levels
- Enthusiastic, friendly, motivated, and positive team builder
- Bachelor’s degree in progress with an anticipated graduation date between December 2022 and July 2023
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without limitation
- Ability to Travel Monday – Thursday (weekly) up to 50%
- Healthcare related major preferred
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About West Monroe
West Monroe is a national consulting firm that was born in technology but built for business—partnering with companies in transformative industries to deliver real, measurable results. Technology is who we are, it is not something we bolted on overnight, and we believe it is one of the greatest enablers of business value. That’s why we work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams that blend industry expertise with deep operational and technology capabilities to create quantifiable, financial value for our clients. Our 1,500 employees based in seven offices across the United States also own 100% of our business, so when you partner with us you know we are committed—because your success is our success. Our undeniably different approach breeds undeniable results. Visit WMP.com to learn more.