View job on Handshake
Become part of the team
PA’s Consulting is the leading energy market advisor through the Clean Energy Transition. Our commitment to making a positive human and environmental impact predates much of the policy changes you see in the today’s news. We help our clients make smarter business decisions by anticipating where energy markets and associated policies and technologies are headed. PA Consulting’s energy market and utility advisory team has grown from approximately 10 to over 70 subject matter experts in the past decade, built on a foundation philosophy of building subject matter experts through knowledge and skill transfer.
We seek individuals motivated to be the next generation of subject matter experts in the clean energy transition. Specifically, in the near-term, this role will involve the creation and maintenance of long-term market and fundamental price projections for U.S. natural gas, power, and clean energy markets. This require the development and maintenance of related energy market and renewable/storage asset analytic models, data and assumptions to provide a quantitative and fundamental framework for valuation energy infrastructure assets. Analysis performed by the individual and team will have a direct linkage through asset/business-specific price projections to commercial value creation.
You will be involved in a diverse range of projects with exposure to the natural gas, power, clean energy and decarbonization of transportation and heating sectors. The role will require working in close collaboration with subject matter experts across the PA team.
This is the ideal role for you if you want to:
- Advise client on clean energy market evolution
- Develop long-term natural gas, power, and clean energy market fundamental projections in the U.S.
- Provide asset/business-specific price projections, including for investment and planning purposes
- Provide analytic insights to inform strategy development
- Develop and maintain power market models, data, and assumptions
- Monitor power market outlook developments in U.S., and other power markets around the globe
- Work collaboratively with clients across the energy industry
- Develop into a leading expert of the clean energy transition
The responsibilities and requirements for this role include:
- Experience and comfort with modeling and quantitative analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and experience synthesizing complex data from multiple sources into clear and consistent structures
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge, including VBA
- Ability to manage 5-10 projects concurrently and adjust to shifting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with stakeholders around the world from many cultures and backgrounds
- Able to build and maintain extensive internal and external networks
- Passion of how US energy markets are evolving
- Understanding of long-term optimization and simulation natural gas, power, and clean energy market models (a plus)
- Enhancing and contributing to propositions, supporting business development and thought leadership activities.
- Successfully navigating and meeting deadlines that span a number of different projects.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., economics, engineering, mathematics, political science, energy studies). An advanced degree is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Group medical insurance
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Teladoc and informed Nurse line resources
- Long term care plan
- Group dental insurance
- Vision plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan with company profit sharing contribution
- Commuter and Parking tax-savings benefit
- 15 days paid vacation days with the opportunity to buy five additional days
- 10 paid Holidays plus 10 paid sick days
- Company and Voluntary income protection benefits
- Gym and health incentive reimbursement
- Pet and legal insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Annual performance-based bonus
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com