About the Position:
The CAD Technician I is an entry-level class that works in the Civil Engineering and Drafting Division of the Portland Bureau of Transportation. This Division specializes in designing and constructing street and transportation improvements within the City of Portland. Construction Plans and maps are examples of CAD related products that the CAD Technician I would be involved in developing.
What you’ll get to do:
- Perform and coordinate assignments using computer aided drafting (CAD) software
- Use CAD software such as MicroStation to draft construction plans and produce maps
- Prepare as-built drawings
- Ensure that design and construction computer files are kept in accordance with the Civil Engineering and Drafting’s filing structures
- Use Geographic Information System (GIS) to view project areas and export GIS features to CAD