View job on Handshake
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking several entry- or mid-level Buyer / Procurement (Supply Chain) Business Professionals for its Schenectady, NY location.
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization supporting the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, and supply chain management of the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
- Team with engineering personnel to perform program management and contract administration for Naval Nuclear power plant components and servicing equipment.
- Develop and recommend acquisition strategies including source selection, performance milestones, determining contract type, and establishing negotiation objectives.
- Issue requests for proposal, analyze supplier proposals, negotiate pricing, and prepare formal written business case justifications recommending contract placement.
- Monitor supplier performance and compliance with delivery schedules, payment provisions, applicable laws, and contract data reporting requirements.
- Manage supplier relationships, including resolution of non-technical contract issues.
- Act as focal point for company and supplier communications (oral and written).
- Provide ownership and maintenance of the contract and supplier data within enterprise business systems.
- Develop budgetary estimates, long range forecasts, and independent cost estimates.
- Participate in or lead special projects such as assessment of the supplier base, program cost reduction initiatives, and company-wide audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in business field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications desired.
- Demonstrated strong oral and writing skills preferred.
- Understanding of purchasing, project management, supply chain and other general business skills preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
In accordance with BPMI’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, BPMI may adopt mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols including a mask mandate and social distancing. Please speak with your BPMI Talent Acquisition Professional during the application/interview process if you have any questions regarding any potential COVID requirements.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training