Every company has a history. We have legacy and have been building it since 1983. Here at Ilmor, we pride ourselves in delivering the best high-performance engines to all of our clients, providing them with design, development, testing, manufacturing, and conquering racetracks of IndyCar, ARCA, NASCAR, SRX and more.
When we say we deliver the best, we deliver results. We’ll let our resume speak for itself: 21 Indianapolis 500 Wins, 335+ IndyCar Wins, 20 IndyCar Drivers Championships, and 22 IndyCar Manufacturer’ Championships.
As a Buyer you will obtain the best quality, service and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation, buying and supplier management. Identifies needs, locates and selects qualified suppliers and manages supply base to achieve our expected quality, on time delivery and cost goals.
- Order parts in line with MRP and discrete demands.
- Monitor usage and takes actions to prevent shortfalls, by use of safety stocks, order coverage and changes.
- Create and maintain purchasing documents, quotes and vendor records.
- Apply continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency, customer services and to reduce cost.
- Identify and recommend suppliers by researching potential suppliers and the products, processes and services they provide.
- Maintain good supplier relationships and develop new potential suppliers through on-site visits
- Evaluate supplier capability, process methods, process stability, quality procedures, delivery performance and other key business criteria.
- Evaluate bid proposals and negotiates supplier agreements that require improvements in suppliers’ cost, delivery, quality, part lead time, payment cycles, and technology and risk mitigation.
- Negotiate and settle damage claims, rejections, losses, return of material, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
- Achieve annual cost reduction objectives.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Support our Field Service and Engineering teams by providing timely information
- Work closely with our Engineering and Operations teams to prepares bid packages (RFQs) for quote.
- Partners with all departments and resolves problems and issues with regard to purchased items including resolve discrepancies in billing and supplier invoices when required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor`s Degree in Supply Chain Management
- 3 years` experience in purchasing catalog, machine parts, castings, fabrications and raw material.
- Business system experience: working in an MRP environment essential
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of supply chain decisions on manufacturing processes
- Experience and understanding Quality systems, such as APQP, PPAP, FMEA a plus.
- Certification in Purchasing Management, CIPS or APICS is desired.
- An ability to read and interpret technical prints, data and work with engineering on design changes and written deviations.
This is an on-site position at our Plymouth, MI
Nuts & Bolts
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance start on Day 1!
- 3% Safe Harbor 401k contribution with immediate vesting,
- Life Insurance, Supplemental & Child Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- 11 Company-Paid Holidays per year
- Profit-Sharing Bonus Program