View job on Handshake
Here, at IQVIA, we are building our internship program around smart, talented students that are excited about shaping the future of human health. As an IQVIA intern, you are able to create your own experience through insightful interaction with many different business units across the organization that will allow you to help us develop outside the box solutions to help solve some of the most important problems facing the healthcare industry. Every intern experience at IQVIA is unique and with our dedicated Early Talent Team here to take care of you, each intern will experience an inclusive intern community, fireside chats with executives, lunch & learns with various business units, access to our Employee Resource Groups, mentorship, skill shares, end of season presentations and much more!
Join the IQVIA Intern Program today!
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Acquire and apply clinical research business processes that you and your team are supporting.
- Learn the technology that supports the business processes.
- Work with your team gathering requirements for technology changes or implementations.
- Learn the business requirements so that you can develop or modify functional specifications.
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness of current industry practices and techniques for requirements management.
As an IT Business Analyst Intern at IQVIA, you will be part of the IT team tasked to implement or maintain technology used to support our R&DS Clinical Operations business. The role of an IT business analyst is to be the conduit between the technology team and the business. The business analyst listens, asks questions, analyzes, and then documents what the team is describing they need. This internship provides an opportunity for analytical thinkers who enjoy learning about business processes and interacting with new technology.
- Develop a good working knowledge and understanding of the clinical trials domain
- Engage stakeholders to elicit, elaborate and validate requirements.
- Leverage process modeling to clarify business requirements.
- Produce low fidelity wireframes to confirm and elaborate requirements.
- Perform assigned requirements management tasks across the SDLC lifecycle.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform in low complexity assignments.
- Ability to acquire and use negotiation and customer management skills.
- Ability to acquire and apply clinical research business knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve problems and think creatively.
- Strong writing skills in the creation of a variety of solution delivery documents.
- Ability to perform as a member of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients.
- Basic understanding of the software development life cycle from requirements gathering to implementation.
- Ability to understand how BA practices integrate into the SDLC.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to make formal presentations to various audiences.
- Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects.
- Willingness to learn and work in an onshore-offshore model interacting with global teams
- Highly motivated to work independently and productively, with an aptitude to learn quickly.
- Organizational skills to prioritize and plan work, multi-task and meet schedules.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment with remote colleagues utilizing virtual technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office line of products, e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint would be a plus
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning would be a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodology would be a plus
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (rising junior or senior) at an accredited university/college with a major in Management Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Business degree with a minor in a technology program, or an equivalent degree.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Must have the ability to work without sponsorship (now or in the future)