The Business Systems Manager serves as primary technical support for the DC’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) Supports 1.5M+ sqft distribution center as site primary POC, superuser, and trusted advisor for Operations, IT, and Engineering, to support best utilization of local DC WMS native functionality. WM System expert for all native functionality, logic, and configuration. Provides product and systems installation, configuration, and training. Project lead for systems implementations within DC. Supports go-live and operations process changes. Supports Operations and Operations Excellence with issue discovery and resolution. Knowledge of Material Handling Systems with a focus on high level troubleshooting. Serve as a POC/bridge between facilities, IT/IS, and vendor(s). Regular interaction with Operations, Engineering, Operations Excellence, IT, and Facilities teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as first-line technical support for DC’s Warehouse Management System (WMS), ensuring operational system integrity. Maintains “super user” status to facilitate site systems proficiency.
- Interfaces with Operations staff to review operating procedures and maximize system efficiencies, providing regular communication to DC Operations and internal departments regarding operational issues, process flows, customer requirements, account specific issues, etc. Includes analysis, insight, and recommendations.
- Coordinates with Information Technology to resolve complex technical issues. Ensures issues are being identified, addressed, and resolved in a timely manner. Serves as functional user to define DC requirements for layout and design of DC databases. Investigates and recommends new technologies and information systems appropriate to the site. May work with system providers to obtain costs for system enhancements.
- Designs, develops, and implements spreadsheets, databases, and other tools to provide ongoing analysis of operational activities (e.g., storage capacities, inventory, freight flow, transportation solutions, etc.). Identifies areas for improving service levels, reducing costs, and providing operational enhancements.
- Develops standardized and ad hoc site, management, and/or customer reporting. Analyzes discrepancies and implements procedures to minimize.
- Trains associates on using warehouse management system (WMS) and serves as site expert on WMS logic and functionality.
- Serves as project lead and/or “site super user” for systems implementations. Leads User Acceptance Testing for new systems and modifications at the site.
- Trains site staff on the use of site systems and tools to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and improve productivity. Supports training activities during account start-ups and on an ongoing basis as needed.
- Monitors system performance, performs maintenance and backups as needed.
- Interfaces with customers to identify and resolve systems issues and maximize productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Distribution Center. Function as member of DC leadership team
- 10% travel required.
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering, Systems Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Statistics or related field. MS a plus
- Fluent in Manhattan Warehouse Management System
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and project management skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and other data-mining tools.
- Fully comprehends warehouse activities and dependencies.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and balance long- and short-term needs
- Ability to use solution-development site tools.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, operational needs, and customer requirements
- Understands the WMS database structure.
- Understands system-specific coding language.
- Process focus: Lean/Six Sigma experience a plus
- Leadership – Models the Company’s values and influences others to achieve individual or team objectives.
- Communication – Clearly conveys information through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that is understandable, easy to retain and timely.
- Initiative – Approaches work objectives with a sense of urgency and a dedication to exceeding performance expectations.
- Problem-solving/Decision-making – Accurately identifies problems, issues and opportunities, collects data to draw conclusions and chooses a course of action based on facts.
- Planning & Organization – Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work objectives are met.
- Policy Compliance – Manages in accordance with Company policies and procedures and promotes compliance in others.
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.