Business System Analyst
You’ll enjoy driving high-impact large-scale transformative projects developing the business requirements that are impactful to both systems architecture and overall business processes. You are expected to be knowledgeable in all phases of business analyst operations specifically for product development businesses. The candidate is anticipated to be a creative and versatile analyst who collaborates at all the levels of an organization, building relationships and has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This role is highly visible and has tremendous growth potential. Expect to work at all levels of the organization. You will have the opportunity to set the agenda for driving improvement in our subscription management and billing systems.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Develop an understanding of our products and go to market strategy.
- Develop an understanding of our applications architecture and core business application functions.
- Develop an understanding of our contract structure, product data model and table structures.
- Familiarize yourself with the Zuora subscription management program objectives and status.
- Own the definition of our business requirements associated with the transition of midmarket products management platform.
- Assemble all project materials into a single cogent document which will include the Business Requirements and a Solution Document.
- Provide assistance in the tactical phases of the program implementation.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Obtain, document and assess new business requirements for “fit” into the newly deployed systems architecture. Draft solution design documents for architectural review.
- Provide effective communication to Software Group, Inc IT leadership and business stakeholders regarding business systems improvement and requirements to evolve the subscription management platform.
- Enable effective reporting from business applications, and partner with Analytics to assure that data to report on company KPIs is captured in source systems
Key Challenges to Overcome:
- The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will have the opportunity to make an impact on Software Group, Inc ’ growth through the introduction of new products to the portfolio. This candidate will have the further opportunity to impact the overall effectiveness of the IT organization by assisting in the streamlining of integration of acquired companies. The IT Team is executing against a long-term program to renovate our core subscription and billing processes with the introduction/implementation of Zuora. The analyst will play an instrumental role by defining and documenting the tactical pieces to make this company critical initiative a success.
- You will need to quickly understand the existing information systems ecosystem and the inflight plans for migration to the new Zuora platform. Deep understanding of modern SaaS billing systems, recurring revenue models, contract structures and ERP systems are required. You will be on boarding an in-place, daily-active program with multiple moving parts – and need to help the team consolidate all of the existing systems and services into the new platform.
What will make you successful at Software Group, Inc :
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- Basic understanding in product configuration, pricing, quoting and order management applications functionality.
- Some Knowledge of major ERP and CRM applications (Oracle, SAP or NetSuite and SFDC).
- Understanding of recurring revenue, subscription management and contract data structures.
- Experienced with data mapping and migrations.
- Eager to contribute in a team-oriented environment.
- Skilled project leader and business analyst.
- Able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent in communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Good at grasping new and complex business concepts.
- Eager to grow with an exciting company.
- Able to help make good business decisions and accept responsibility for mistakes.
- Able to show a record of success in fast-paced software, Internet, or tech-enabled companies.
Software Group, Inc , Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.