View job on Handshake
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As a key member of Supply Chain Business Technology group, you will work closely with Operations, Quality, IT, Engineering, and Business unit functions to develop and implement the processes, systems, and technology roadmap to enhance business performance. Our team is working on computer applications used at all Viasat manufacturing sites and we help the business digitize manufacturing and streamline build processes.
As a member of our team, you will work with our development teams to implement enhancements to our current applications. Your responsibilities will include document requirements and help develop and implement solutions for our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) as well as integrations between them. You may also assist in the development of process documentation related to these systems.
Our ideal candidate has experience working in a manufacturing team environment and has previously worked on process development and implementation. They will have a background and interest in business process and strategic thought leadership, be able to quickly understand the specific business needs of Viasat, and possess the influence needed to gain consensus and drive improvement. They will also be skilled at maintaining a bimodal focus, driving results in the near term, while simultaneously positioning the business processes to scale effectively with projected company growth in the future.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or Management Information System, or a related field
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Procurement functions
- Experience with coding languages such as SQL, HTML, R, C++, or Python
- Skilled in Project management and team leadership
- Strong analytical skills to support independent, high velocity, high quality decisions
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment
- Capable of applying resourceful and creative thought processes to resolve complex problems
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload and direction from management and/or customers
- Strong relationship building, teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to translate business needs into system-based solutions
- Strong skills utilizing standard Microsoft tools such as Excel, Access, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Project, and Power Point
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week internship
- Statistical analysis
- Lean Six Sigma
- Business Intelligence Tools
- Experience effectively translating between business value, requirements, and technical solutions
- Experience with big data, Business Intelligence tools, simulation, modeling, and statistics
- Skilled in articulating value and developing effective business cases
- Adept at influencing cross functionally, developing consensus, and moving the business forward
This role requires vaccination under current guidance applicable to Viasat. As such, absent an approved accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, employees in this role will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022.