The market for government spending is huge — $1.9 trillion at the state and local levels in the US — but remains inefficient and largely offline. A public employee has better online tools to hire a babysitter or buy a new outfit than to make an essential purchase on behalf of the public. By aggregating and organizing procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks.
About this role:
As a Business Operations Associate, you’ll work on special projects that make our organization more effective and efficient as we scale our product to serve thousands of public agencies across the country. You’ll work on a wide range of high-priority projects, from streamlining internal operations around data collection and user inquiry flows to improving our handling of support requests, onboarding new government users to CoProcure to conducting research to inform an important decision for our leadership team.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor at a very early stage company that’s growing fast. You’ll work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced and data-driven environment. You’ll work cross-functionally with our leadership, product, engineering, and business teams and report directly to the Business Operations Manager.
- Act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with multiple stakeholders, management, and various related departments be able to optimize team performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business requirements, develop and/or refine processes to drive long term business sustainability.
- Engage directly with government users to help onboard them to CoProcure.
- Analyze user behaviors and interactions to develop a more sophisticated understanding of user activation.
- Improve our inbound inquiries/requests flow to delight our users.
- Create tools and dashboards, analyze data, generate insights, and drive actions to improve performance on KPIs for data quality, internal efficiency, and other special initiatives.
- Help with internal operations, including recruiting operations, new employee onboarding, training programs, and company-wide initiatives and events.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- High-energy, team-first attitude: You’re motivated to work collaboratively to help our growing business.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality: You’re a scrappy self-starter who can acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
- Ability to distill complicated problems into simple, elegant solutions.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Superior project management and organization skills.
- Experience working well across teams and with external partners.
- Ability to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job.
- Passion for impact.
Nice to have, not required:
- Past experience in strategy, operations, or business operations at a high growth technology company.
- Past experience (or internships) in management consulting, investment banking, or investing.
- Past experience, or interest, in local government.
You’re eager for the opportunity to make an outsized impact on our company and the way governments across the country spend $2TB+ of taxpayer dollars each year. If you thrive on autonomy, have experience in making processes more efficient, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy wearing many hats, come join our growing team!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.