Note: We are creating multiple options for the application of our Business Leadership Summer Internship as we navigate the impact of COVID-19 on our current business practices. These offerings will include the possibility of a virtual internship, if needed. As we continue to monitor the impact of this pandemic, our execution of this internship will prioritize the health of all GEICO associates – both current and future.
Looking for an internship that’s way more than just going on coffee runs? We’ve got you covered. At GEICO, our 8 to 10-week paid summer internship program is designed to give you real-world experience working on our business team. You’ll gain first-hand knowledge of our dynamic industry, work on meaningful projects, and have networking opportunities with leaders throughout GEICO. We’ll also provide you with a mentor from our management team and countless opportunities to grow your skills during your internship. If you’re majoring in finance, accounting, risk management, economics, marketing, management, mathematics, general business, or something similar – this may be the perfect program for you.
What exactly does a summer with us look like? Well, you’ll collaborate with GEICO associates and other interns on projects like:
- Researching insurance industry trends
- Analyzing current business procedures across various departments
- Developing marketing plans
- Delivering presentations to management
- Proposing new strategies for growing and retaining our business
The work you do directly makes a difference. Many of the projects that GEICO interns submit are implemented to improve our business. After your summer with us, you’ll understand what it takes to be successful in a multi-billion dollar corporation. Plus, successful interns may also be considered for future career opportunities with us. So, what are you waiting for? Spend a summer growing your skills with GEICO – who knows where it might lead you!
Qualifications & Skills:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university with a rising senior status at time of the summer program; has completed multiple business courses
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Solid understanding of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.