Use your business skills in the USA while serving an international organization. Get practical experience with current business techniques and processes. Experience shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful professionals while participating in an international community—helping invite others to the work that God is doing around the world.
This job can be done virtually or in person. Internships are available for Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters. Several internships are available each semester.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, analyze, and report on relevant market environments and best practices
- Present completed research to officers or involved employees
- Propose a sustainable and competitive business model by synthesizing research and feedback
- Collaboratively plan/execute action steps to begin implementing the proposed business model
- Projects could be in the field(s) of fundraising, sustainability, corporate development, finance, or Business for Transformation
- Gain experience in project management and leadership
- Opportunity to attend business meetings
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Excellent research and reporting skills
- Completed Sophomore or Junior year of college or Recent Graduate
- Major in Management, Business, or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
- All interns must formally accept and abide by OM’s Statement of Faith for the duration of the internship.
Qualifications of on-field supervisor:
- As an intern, you will work directly for members of the OM management team who have experience both in the corporate world in their field, as well as in international nonprofit.
- Degree Credit is available upon the approval of your university/college supervisors.