As part of its Business Intelligence (BI) Function, CRH Americas Materials is currently recruiting for the position of a 2023 Data Analytics Intern within the Performance team based in Atlanta, GA. The successful intern candidate will be responsible for developing BI and data analytics products and supporting the AMAT BI function during Fall/Winter 2022/2023.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Support and develop numerous BI projects for all members of the BI team
- Help business units develop a keen understanding of their data and works to return enriched and impactful views of that data
- Support the team in understanding and explaining the economic data to users
- Manage, cleanse, validate and structure data requirements
- Works closely with BI, Performance and Finance teams towards the achievement of BI initiatives
- Support customer care function for the BI team to include access, troubleshooting, newsletter communication and server organization
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Decision Science, Finance, Information Systems, or related field
- Professional experience with an emphasis on business intelligence analytics a plus
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations
- Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development presentations where required
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required
- Working experience with visualization technologies, particularly Tableau.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Minimal travel required – less than 10%
- Ability to achieve results with a hands-on, collaborative approach; works well in a team.
- Action orientated and drives for results
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to actively listen
- Have strong planning and organization skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Usually, normal office working conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.