View job on Handshake
We are looking for someone who loves all things data, loves a challenge and is looking for a dynamic and highly rewarding position at a nationally respected University. Is this you?
Our ideal candidates, like you, will help Miami University to continue to take big steps forward with our data analytic environment that is unifying multiple successful data-driven business intelligence and data analysis efforts across campus. This is a chance to help guide Miami’s data-driven future.
As the Business Intelligence ETL Data Developer and a member of our team, reporting to the Director of the Business Intelligence Center, you will have great opportunities to grow technically and professionally in multiple data driven disciplines.
As an important member of our agile team you will build, create, or improve solutions that help analysts transform data into knowledge.
· Develop and deploy ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes and supporting programs.
· Work with essential players to develop custom Business Intelligence (BI) solutions for the University.
· Lead small projects in the development and use of our BI software tools and systems.
· Lead proactive change management efforts for BI platforms integrated with enterprise applications.
· Bring new development ideas to existing applications and processes, look for ways to enhance existing specifications based on current requirements.
· Work in partnership with the university offices to optimize use of data driven solutions, including the development of stories and test cases.
· Assist with the development of end-user training and training materials and provide guidance and mentoring for the campus BI Community.
· Provide documentation and support for deployed BI applications.
Require a Bachelor’s degree earned by date of hire and two or more years of relevant experience.
Associate’s degree earned by date of hire and four or more years of relevant experience.
This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Analytics, or a related field.
We are looking for you to have strong knowledge and experience in:
· PL/SQL and SQL programming
· Relational database architectures at enterprise scale. Environments such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or Redshift.
· Enterprise business intelligence and data analytics technologies, such as Oracle OBIEE, MS Power BI, Tableau, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
· Industry standard data models such as Kimball’s dimensional model
· Methods in change data capture and slowly changing dimension loads and updates processes.
· BI development best practices such as source code, prototyping, and testing.
· Basic troubleshooting best practices with specific focus on enterprise BI systems.
· Data analytics and BI industry trends including data mining, data modeling, machine learning, visualization, data lakes and predictive modeling.
· Supporting BI technology in a higher educational setting.
· Analytical tools available in cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Working as a member of a team using Agile development techniques (Scrum or Kanban)
Miami is committed to a culture of health and wellness. We offer several benefits including healthcare and wellness programs with on-campus recreational and sport centers, health insurance that includes options for dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance. Tuition fee waivers for employee and family, paid sick and parental leave, paid vacation, paid holidays and state sponsored alternate and supplemental retirement plans. Plus you can be part of the University’s academic culture with direct access to hundreds of on-campus events plus the possibility to teach one credit bearing course per semester.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first-class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants: