View job on Handshake
Are you passionate about data? Do you like solving complex problems? Then come and join our Business Intelligence & Analytics team at Retail Business Services, a proud company of Ahold Delhaize, a startup environment in the middle of a big corporate office. We are looking for creative out-of-the-box problem solvers.
Our Business Intelligence & Analytics team specializes in delivery of next generation data platform, information driven reporting solutions and works to align technology solutions with business objectives. This development position exposes associates to Cloud technologies and Business Intelligence tools including enterprise data lake, large scale databases, ETL and reporting tools. This position will be responsible for technical design and development of BI solutions, translating requirements into data pipelines and reporting solutions, user acceptance testing to deliver effective solutions.
Start Date – Monday, June 20th
End Date – Friday, December 9th
- Genuine excitement and passion for analyzing complex datasets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Experience writing, analyzing and troubleshooting SQL code in relational database management systems (RDBMS), especially Oracle and/or MS SQL Server
- Experience with any one of the programming languages Java, C#, Scala, and Python
- Possess an understanding of business intelligence solutions utilizing MicroStrategy, Power BI, Tableau, QlikSense or similar BI tool in a data warehouse or data mart environment
- Exposure to ETL/ELT, Data warehouse and dimensional modeling concepts
- Exposure to big data technologies (Hive/Hadoop)
- Excellent communication skills
- Exposure to Spark/Databricks and Cloud environments and cloud technologies is a plus
- Working knowledge of statistics, programming and predictive modeling
- Knowledge of smart data presentation (scorecards, dashboards, and other advanced analytics)