View job on Handshake
FMCG is a data-driven marketing agency with decades-long experience helping clients gain the competitive edge they need to grow market share. FMCG is located in Manhattan (NYC). We are looking to fill these roles ASAP. This will be an onsite role at our NYC office.
The Business Intelligence Role is responsible for analyzing complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences utilizing established mathematical/statistical methodologies.
- Uses business intelligence (BI) toolsets (e.g., Cognos Analytics, SAS, SQL, or similar) to develop analytical reporting and performance indicators by product line/solution area and for major initiatives.
- Partners with team members to develop KPI’s derived from multiple data sources into consolidated scorecards to enable insight and decision-making. Typical internal customers can include solution area leaders and client managers. Also collaborates with key internal partners such as Finance, Sales, Marketing and IT in developing leading edge metrics. Participate in data mart queries to extract relevant information and develop recommendations at the product, customer, segment, and business unit level.
- Ability to develop, interpret and explain analytics needed by the business for decision making. Strong project management skills, with attention to details.
Basic Qualifications (BQs)
Education and Experience:
-Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related field with 2 years of experience in data analytics. Educational/Work Experience
– 1 + Years Educational/Work experience with Microsoft Excel
– 1 + Years Educational/Work experience of T-SQL, SSMS, Access and database structures.
– 1 + Years Educational/Work experience in SSRS and Power Shell.
– 1+ Years Educational/Work experience in project management
Preferred Qualifications (PQs)
– Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or related field.
– 1 + Years Educational/Work experience in SSIS, SSAS, XML, Cognos Analytics