View job on Handshake
The Business Intelligence (BI) & Insights Analyst is a technical SME responsible for providing expertise on BI projects including dimensional data modeling, ETL (data Extract, Transform, and Load processes), and the communication of business insights via data visualization. Utilizes appropriate development tools and technologies and serves as a liaison between the business unit and IT. Collaborates with business leads, IT resources, and senior management with a focus on requirements analysis, development, and implementation of BI reporting and Analytics capabilities using data visualization. Also responsible for the maintenance and continual enhancement of BI dashboards and Analytics capabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With minimal supervision, collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify information needs, define functional requirements and specifications, make recommendations, and develop solutions using data visualization
- Works directly with Technical Leads, Database Administrators, and business subject matter experts to design effective database models and data visualizations based on user requirements and strategic goals
- Partners in the designs, development, and support of BI & Analytics solutions including but not limited to Power BI dashboards, operational and customer reports, ad-hoc queries, and other Low Code platforms to support decision-making
- Actively contributes in the development of the overall data warehouse architecture: ETL processes, Data Presentation, ODS, and Governance Conducts detailed data analysis, understands data structure, and writes SQL queries of moderate complexity
- Supports cross functional BI & reporting needs of the organization including but not limited to Business Development, Finance, Operations & Engineering, and Marketing & Sales
- Stays abreast of BI standards and best practices for data modeling, ETL, and dashboard deployment Collaborates with business SMEs to analyze business processes, identify and develop improvements, and drives the implementation of process improvement opportunities
- Explores and recommends emerging technologies in support of continually enhancing PGS Analytics’ capabilities
- Creates presentations and documents deliverables as needed
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, Statistics or equivalent discipline.
Preferred: Advanced degree in related field
Required: Minimum of 1 year of related work experience. Related experience may consist of developing and implementing Relational and Multi-Dimensional Models, developing BI visuals using Power BI, executing SQL queries in SAP HANA or a SQL Server environment, and/ or using ETL processes to combine multiple data sources to be used in data analytics
Required: Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Effectively communicates technically complex information. Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills. Basic knowledge in data visualization and dashboard design using Power BI or similar tool. Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server. Basic knowledge in Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling. Working knowledge of business software and hardware technologies while staying current and maintaining technical knowledge of BI technologies. Basic knowledge of Excel.
- Speaks up on Safety, Health and the Environment
- Takes Ownership and Acts with Integrity
- Drives Operational Excellence for Customers
- Builds Strong, Collaborative Relationships
- Develops People and Teams
- Cultivates Innovation and Embraces Change
- Thinks Strategically and Exercises Sound Judgment
Most work performed in an office environment, but occasional travel to operating locations may be required.
The successful applicant will be required to take and pass a Baseline Medical Examination as part of the pre-employment screening once an offer has been accepted. A pre-employment drug screening, as well as a background check (including education, employment, criminal and motor vehicle) will also be conducted as part of the pre-employment screening.
TECO offers a competitive Benefits package!!
Competitive Salary *401k Savings plan w/ company matching * Pension plan * Paid time off* Paid Holiday time * Medical, Prescription Drug, & Dental Coverage *Tuition Assistance Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs * On-site Fitness Centers * Bonus Plan and more!
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS….Please make sure to read below!!! Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment.
TECO Energy and its companies serve a role in providing critical services to our community during an emergency. Team members are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our TECO Energy customers. Team members are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company’s rules and procedures.
TECO Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at TECO Energy will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
It is the policy of TECO Energy to provide reasonable accommodation for all qualified disabled individuals who are employees and applicants for employment, unless it would cause undue hardship. The corporation will adhere to applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including, but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1970s.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation in the application process five business days prior to the time accommodation is needed.
Pre-employment physical exams may be required for positions with bona fide job-related physical requirements regardless of disability.