The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), located at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Golden, Colorado is the nation’s primary laboratory for research and development of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
From day one at NREL, you’ll connect with coworkers driven by the same mission to save the planet. By joining an organization that values a supportive, inclusive, and flexible work environment, you’ll have the opportunity to engage through our eight employee resource groups, numerous employee-driven clubs, and learning and professional development classes.
NREL’s office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) has a position opening for a full time Business Intelligence (BI) analyst. The analyst will report within the NREL OCFO Financial Systems and Project Delivery group and will also have the opportunity work with and support the three other OCFO groups: Financial Operations, Acquisition Services and Financial Planning & Analysis. The position will be fully dedicated to implementation of a new Business Intelligence reporting tool, conversion of standard and custom reports, Acquisition Services metrics reporting, and creation of new reports and dashboards based on business and technical requirements.
Job duties will include:
- Convert existing reports and dashboards from the Oracle Business Intelligence reporting system to the Power BI reporting system
- Define and document requirements for new report and dashboard requests
- Develop and unit test new reports and dashboards based on business and technical requirements
- Design innovative and intuitive visualizations of data to enhance the value of data sets for OCFO staff and customers
- Validate and input business definitions into existing data schemas
- Develop and document business requirements for new data sets, reports and dashboards
- Fully define new data sets with business definitions and frequency requirements
- Analyze business requirements to determine the most advantageous solution within the OCFO BI reporting framework
- Provide basic troubleshooting and support to OCFO BI user groups, customers and stakeholders
- Conduct unit testing of reports developed internally by other members of the BI team
- Provide subject matter expertise during training events
- Support development and maintenance of system documentation and training materials/guides
- Participate in focus groups with OCFO financial reporting stakeholders
- Produce manual monthly Acquisition Services metric reporting for the Department of Energy (DOE)
- Identify the necessary data sets, requirements and solutions to automate the monthly Acquisition Services reports for DOE
- Support enhancements to the Acquisition Services (AS) report offering to AS staff and customers
- Serve as the subject matter expert of the Acquisition Services data sets, reports, and dashboards for the OCFO
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant education/experience.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Limited use and/or application of technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Limited knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Basic knowledge of laws, regulations, principles, procedures and practices related to specific field.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to use various computer software programs.