Myriad Genetics Data and Analytics team is hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst (BI Analyst). The Data and Analytics team utilizes modern technology to enable self-service analytics and dashboards for all functional groups within the Myriad including: Laboratory Operations, R&D, Sales, Marketing, Medical, Executive Management, Operations, Financial, and Regulatory Compliance. The Lab Analytics team partners closely with world-class DNA sequencing laboratories across the Myriad portfolio of products to provide operational and analytical insights. Projects typically involve working with product development teams to scope, validate, and measure the success of advances to our automated lab systems. Daily activities include developing self-service analytics tools that enable insights into how we can improve the efficiency and quality of our laboratory tests.
A successful analyst can integrate data from our LIMS and Genetic Data Review applications to form insightful data models, which can be intuitively leveraged into actionable reports and dashboards. The data analyst develops positive relationships with stakeholders across several scientific teams such as Lab Management, Quality Control, Genetic Data Review, and Sample Processing. In addition to designing and maintaining the backbone of data that enables much of the decision making in the lab, the Analyst helps to share best practices and advanced technology for monitoring the pulse of lab operations.
This is a REMOTE – WORK FROM HOME position with flex-work as an option if you are near a Myriad location.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with DNA sequencing laboratory staff and analytics team to design and deliver comprehensive self-service reporting and analytical solutions
- Lead in the creation of dashboards and in-depth analysis of information to understand various trends and related opportunities and present analytical findings to business stakeholders
- Align with science leaders and lab personnel to leverage data analytics to drive business objectives
- Outline and facilitate the collection of key data sources and KPI’s needed to drive business insights
- Onboard lab users onto the self-service data platform, providing a positive stakeholder experience
- Develop personal relationships with lab stakeholders and provide hands-on support to empower the labs derive the full value of our data solution
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- Prioritize Impact
- Hone Your Craft
- Own It and Make it Happen
- Scale Each Other
- Commit to Diversity
- Keep it Simple
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Bio Informatics, Lab Science, Chemistry or Biology, or Associate’s Degree in Lab Technology plus extensive experience
- 2+ years of experience in a laboratory environment, with at least 1 year in a role that required frequent data analysis to troubleshoot negative trends or unexpected results of experiments
- Extensive data analytics experience required, including repeatable analysis using advanced technologies that require programming.
- Expertise in laboratory science required; expertise specifically in DNA sequencing lab science preferred
- Must have experience balancing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, working effectively under tight timelines
- Strong communication and presentation skills required, must be able to form relationships and tell a compelling story with data
- Ability to manage priorities in a remote work environment
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as Looker, Qlik, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc. is preferred
- Exposure to SQL, Python, R, or other data programming language preferred. If not already experienced with these, must be interested in learning them training will be provided
TO DISCOVER ALL THE REMARKABLE ADVANCEMENTS THROUGHOUT MYRIAD GENETICS, INC PLEASE VISIT: