View job on Handshake
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Parts operates a network of parts distribution centers offering aftermarket support to Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF dealers and customers around the world. Aftermarket support includes customer call centers operating 24 hours a day throughout the year and technologically advanced systems to enhance inventory control and expedite order processing.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst provides insights from data analysis and creates new BI reports to the PACCAR Parts division by using SQL and Tableau. This position is a part of the PPD Advanced Analytics team, a collaborative team of Data Engineers and Data Scientists responsible for being technology and analytics leaders within the division. Team members present their work to senior executives, helping shape PPD’s current business and its long-term analytics strategy.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Develop Business Intelligence Dashboards to support high impact projects.
• Support Business Intelligence users with access, training and data questions.
• Research new training materials and supplies that might enhance training procedures and provide additional value.
• Work with internal business partners and technology teams to improve PACCAR’s Business Intelligence Platforms.
• Report progress and performance of Business Intelligence Platforms, including support the transition of dashboards to new technology.
• Analyze key business metrics and provide users with recommendations for improvement based on data analysis.
• Track and report usage and other key metrics.
• Write ELT processes using SQL in data lake to support Business Intelligence projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, MIS or related field.
• Proficient with SQL
• Passion for data quality, governance and visualization best practices.
• Experience with Tableau and developing interactive dashboards.
• Knowledge of relational database management systems.
• Must be a highly-motivated self-starter and self-directed learner with a creative mind, high attention to detail and a solution-oriented outlook
• Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills, excellent general business acumen, with the ability to concisely and clearly communicate complex topics.
• Ability to maintain balance between solid “pragmatism” and “scientific rigor” to meet the needs of a dynamic business.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, MIS or related field; or professional certifications such as CFA, CBIP, or MSCE in Business Intelligence.
• Experience with Snowflake
• Experience with Python or R
• Familiarity with cloud storage and compute on AWS
• Experience in Agile delivery
• Act with Integrity
• Demonstrate Adaptability
• Drive for Results
• Influence Others
• Lead Innovation and Quality Initiatives
• Manage Execution
• Manage Talent
• Use Sound Judgment / Business Acumen
Additional Job Board Information
• PACCAR Parts is an eVerify Employer.
• PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
• PACCAR has success with diverse teams of employees working together to achieve excellent results. Having a diverse and inclusive work environment ensures PACCAR has the talent needed to conduct business today and in the future by leveraging different backgrounds, skills, and viewpoints. We believe diversity in the workplace increases innovation, results in better decisions and increases employee engagement.