View job on Handshake
Hamilton Company is a global enterprise headquartered in Reno, Nevada with manufacturing facilities in Reno, Boston and Bonaduz, Switzerland. Branch sales offices are located in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
Hamilton Company specializes in the development, manufacturing, and customization of precision measurement devices, and automated liquid handling and management systems.
The Business Intelligence Department is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer to work with business stake holders creating data solutions that will drive cost reductions and efficiencies throughout the company’s activities and become part of the enterprise Business Intelligence infrastructure. These solutions will include building Data Warehouse Pipelines, Tabular Data Models, Key Performance Indicators, Data review/management processes, and Reports. The position will also be responsible for analyzing business trends, identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities, and developing proposals for ways to improve operational efficiencies throughout the company. This role will know the business and operations data end to end from how it is created and all the relevant processes and procedures that surround the key data points in order to provide context and interpretation of the data when defining BI Solution requirements/designs and communicating research findings and proposals.
- Designing/documenting functional and technical requirements for reporting financial and operational data
- Build data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision making
- Tabular Data Modeling (Azure Analysis Services (AAS) / Power BI)
- Perform problem exploration, resolution, and documentation
- Analyze, resolve, and communicate complex problems in a structured and logical manner
- Create, modify, customize and maintain BI objects, reports, and report templates
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and deploy BI Solutions
- Work independently on assigned tasks to fulfill requested changes, enhancements, and updates to existing reports
- Lead process and system improvements to promote and maintain data integrity, adopt best practices, and create reporting efficiencies
- Apply data visualization techniques to business problems
- Convey key stakeholder insights through data storytelling
- Ad-hoc analysis as required by management
- Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Information Systems, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL
- Understanding of Relational Databases
- Advanced Data Modeling
- Advanced DAX
- Power BI and/or SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS/AAS) Experience
- Understanding of the Microsoft BI Stack (SQL Server, Power BI, SSAS, Power Platform, etc.)
- Understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing, and data transformation
- Versed in different approaches to data architecture and applications
- Advanced Degree (Masters/MBA)
- Microsoft D365 or AX ERP Experience
- Statistical/Mathematical programming languages (R, Python)
- Experience with Power Automate, Power Apps
- Experience with AAS Cube Security (RLS and OLS)
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more)
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug free workplace.
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.