View job on Handshake
Transforming the Future with the Convergence of Simulation and Data
Business Development Representative – Data Anlaytics:
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
Altair’s Data Analytics Division is looking build our next generation of sales leaders. We are actively looking to hire recent college graduates who have a history of success in school, athletics and in their past work experience to join our BDR Team!
We are seeking focused, driven professionals looking to start/grow their career in sales. BDRs are responsible for proactive inbound/outbound prospecting, lead/contact management and pipeline building. This position will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualified prospects to AE’s for Opportunity creation. As a member of the BDR Team you will be joining a fast-paced close nit group that thrive in a competitive environment. You will partner with AE’s across the organization to create new selling opportunities in key targeted accounts across multiple industry verticals.
In this role, you will be provided the guidance and training needed to become a technology sales expert while mastering the art of the cold call and the finesse of targeted email campaigns. You will actively collaborate with marketing and sales executives to develop the best ways to grow the AE’s Pipeline. If you are looking to master your sales skills, grow as a sales professional and launch your sales career, this is the Opportunity for you.
This role reports to the VP of Inside Sales.
What You Will Do:
- 75+ daily sales calls
- 10+ First Meetings per month
- Daily email outreach thru Salesloft, Outlook and Marketing
- Daily use of Salesforce, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Zoom Info and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Weekly Team meetings with Sales & Marketing
- Partner with AE’s to create plan’s for managing a sales territory and how to consistently exceed quota
- Assist in creating sales opportunities and scheduling meetings with key executives
- Continuous effort to drive the business forward
- Skills gained on the job: Best practices to create interest from top executives in targeted accounts
- Confidence on the phone and thru Email
- Exposure to working with Seasoned/Veteran Account Executives
- Learn best practices in delivering presentations in a sales process
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Sales or Marketing major preferred)
- Organizational skills to properly plan your day and manage Salesforce.com for tracking your work
- Ability to effectively communicate Altair’s Data Intelligence Software value
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Strong writing/verbal skills for effective day to day communication
- Willingness to work PST hours 2 days a week
- A strong desire and passion to be in sales
- Creative, smart and ambitious
- Work hard and Competitive mindset is a must
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Outstanding Work/Life Balance
- Flex Time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Unlimited vacation and Unlimited sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off for Community Service
- Collaborative environment
- Charitable Matching Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing and artificial intelligence (AI).
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventurers; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and uncharted waters, we dive in headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrates a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.