National Journal is hiring a Business Development Executive to join our Revenue team. The Business Development Executive will be responsible for fostering relationships with senior government affairs executives in order to uncover and demonstrate ways National Journal’s resources can help them to accomplish their goals.
The Business Development Executive will contribute directly to the growth and expansion of National Journal’s resources across the corporate government affairs and major trade association markets. Armed with the ability to assess existing challenges and map those challenges to relevant solutions, the Business Development Executive will serve as a consultative partner to prospective clients and will provide suggestions for how to improve their overall strategy and operations.
National Journal is a premier research and insights company committed to helping organizations effectively navigate Washington. Best known as one of Washington’s most trusted media brands for nearly 50 years, our expertise is unmatched with teams of specialists dedicated to government affairs, communications, and political research, in addition to exceptional journalism. Our mission is to equip the thousands of government and business leaders in the nation’s capital with the intelligence, insights, and connections they need to save time, increase efficiency, and deliver success.
What is National Journal’s Revenue Team?
The National Journal Revenue team consists of our Member Services and New Business teams. Our New Business team is a strong group of goal-oriented, service minded professionals who work together to expand the adoption of National Journal’s resources across the government relations space and into new markets.
Members of the New Business team are autonomous, business-minded individuals who thrive in an environment where they are encouraged to seek out and build relationships with senior executives through phone calls, emails, in-person and virtual meetings, and attendance at industry events. The revenue team is motivated to knock down all barriers in order to achieve revenue targets and team members are pushed to think creatively in order to uncover new and unique ways to expand National Journal’s client base by bringing in new members.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining valuable relationships with senior executives across the government affairs and public policy space
- Becoming a strategic partner to prospective clients in order to unearth challenges that can be solved utilizing the suite of resources available through National Journal Membership
- Strategically source, manage, and execute contracts within your sales pipeline
- Consistently attaining or exceeding revenue targets
- Managing the outreach strategy, meeting pipeline and day-to-day success of your assigned Membership Development Associate
- Exhibiting strong organizational and operational skills with a keen attention to detail and effective use of data
Qualifications of the Ideal candidate:
- 2-5 years of B2B sales experience or relevant experience operating within the government relations, public affairs, or corporate affairs space
- Proven experience selling to or working hand-in-hand with Enterprise Level clients
- Ability to demonstrate poise and grace under pressure
- Expertise utilizing data to inform sales strategies
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit; Track record of building new initiatives from conception to execution
- Creative thinking and resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Prodigious work ethic and spirit of generosity
- A full course of the COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment at National Journal
- Active contributor to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Employment Type: Full-time
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $65,000 – $90,000 plus commission
Remote Status: Remote through the end of 2021 at which point this job will be based in Washington, DC