View job on Handshake
Freestone is building the digitally integrated wealth services firm of the future. We believe making a difference happens by focusing on what truly matters to our clients. If you are passionate about helping people and serving a greater purpose in life and work, Freestone is the home for you.
We are an independent wealth and asset management firm with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, and Santa Barbara. We provide a personalized experience combining rational, intelligent advice and sophisticated investment strategies, delivered via technology, where possible. Currently, we have over $8 billion of assets under advisement.
We live our values of collaboration, commitment and continuous improvement every day and welcome new Freestoners to join us.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to support strategic initiatives that will span the following critical areas of the firm: Client Advisory, Finance, Operations and Technology. Come build the systems, tools, and programs that drive operational excellence at Freestone. Successful candidates for this position will have a demonstrated track record of educational and professional achievement, strong people skills and a passion for analysis and introducing transformational solutions that provide immediate impact to the business.
- Serve as the primary analyst for a subset of Freestone’s strategic initiatives, which are defined on an annual basis. Recently completed initiatives include:
- Design and execution of a centralized data mart and Power BI corporate dashboard infrastructure
- Architect and support the rapid onboarding of new Client Advisor teams
- Design, testing and implementation of a proprietary multi-module billing and profitability application
- Creation and implementation of best practices for the firm’s CRM and Portfolio Accounting systems
- Conceptualize and create dynamic financial and operational models to analyze a variety of Freestone growth opportunities
- Act as domain expert for Freestone’s CRM and proprietary software, including troubleshooting, training and rollout of best practices
- Project manage critical firm initiatives to successful and timely execution
- Serve as the primary analyst for the continued buildout of Freestone’s internal dashboard infrastructure
- Develop fluency in our existing internal software; work closely with development team to update our existing systems and implement future projects
- Perform operational reviews across Freestone’s critical areas to introduce efficiency and repeatability
- Develop and maintain systems-related materials including guides, cheat sheets and training demonstrations
- Provide general support of Freestone’s Technology operations and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business management preferred; other degrees will be considered
- 2+ years of experience in project management or business analysis/consulting preferred, with preference given to candidates who also have financial services industry experience
- The ability to identify and define problems, the drive to build project plans to address them and the commitment to manage the implementation of their solutions
- Outstanding client service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to influence for impact
- Facility with SQL, Power BI and SharePoint
- Ability to independently manage multiple responsibilities and changing priorities
- High level of comfort working independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment and a keen sense of when to escalate urgent issues as necessary
- Ability to drive initiatives throughout the organization
- Strong problem-solving and research skills
- Capacity to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization and automation
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knack for inspiring communication, both verbal and written
- Ambitious sense of curiosity with refined listening skills
- Experience with Tamarac products a plus
- Commitment to producing high quality work product
- Capacity and passion for being part of a fast-growing, small office environment
- Pro-activity and creativity in identifying issues, solutions and opportunities for efficiency
- Team oriented with the ability to build relationships and earn the respect of others
- Heightened attention to detail – must be meticulous and consistently accurate
- High level of motivation; strong work ethic; proactive and results oriented
- Humble and kind
Freestone is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be recruited and, if applicable, selected and employed without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, ancestry, disability, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law.
In order to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, Freestone is requiring all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date. Candidates who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability-related reason or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation related to this requirement.