Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
This position has the potential to be a hybrid position with up to 50% remote work
Employee Referral Eligible: $500
Job Location: Fort Worth
Other Potential Locations: Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date: 06/16/2022
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: $72,800 – $97,000
Salary Band: 28; 29
We are committed to a culture where all employees are included, belong, and have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential. Career development is a lifelong process. That’s one of the many exciting and rewarding aspects of working on our railroad. Regardless of where we work or what we do, we always have an opportunity to continue to learn and grow.
This position will manage, coordinate, and implement the development, publication and maintenance of MS PowerBI and MS Power App applications to support the Technology Services department. Primary responsibilities will include the development and support of TS Financial dashboards to bring visualization of information to improve financial decision-making for Technology Services. Successful candidates will be able to manage and coordinate requests, facilitate requirement meetings, establish and schedule timelines, maintain backlog priorities, troubleshoot issues and maintain support documentation.
- Develop and maintain Power BI dashboards, Power Apps and their interfaces
- Work directly with Technology Services (TS) Leadership to gather requirements for new reports and provide status updates to TS Leadership
- Handle customer technical support cases for Power BI and Power Apps
- Generate ad-hoc data requests via Planview data cubes and other data sources
- Review and update supporting documentation and templates as continuous improvement for support within Technology Services
- Keep information confidential based on BNSF confidentiality procedures
- Work occasional after hours for items such as testing during database or system updates
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university
- 6-8 years of experience with development/support of a technology solution
- Sufficient work experience with Microsoft Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps, SQL, HTML and Python
- Experience working with data visualization tools, developing interactive dashboards and report writing
- In-depth knowledge of Excel, including Pivot tables and Excel functions
- High level proficiency in supporting customers through excellent listening, influencing and negotiation skills and strong commitment to service excellence
- Proficient written/verbal communications skills, including the ability to explain complex scenarios to others with varying levels of expertise throughout the organization
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization
- Be a self-starter, pro-active, seeking out opportunities for impact
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment
- High level of comfort working within cross-functional teams
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Project management experience and certifications are optional, but preferred
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university (MBA, Information Systems or Computer Science)
- Transportation industry experience
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
COVID-19 Federal Vaccine Mandate
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect all aspects of our lives. From the onset, BNSF’s goals have remained the same: keep our people safe and maintain our essential operations. While we maintained that the decision to be vaccinated for COVID-19 is a personal one, we also encouraged employees to consider the options and make the best decision for themselves and their families.
Under President Biden’s COVID-19 Action Plan, BNSF is covered by the federal mandate requiring vaccination. Effective December 8, 2021, BNSF has paused its implementation of the COVID-19 vaccine mandate given the dynamic legal proceedings. The ultimate outcome of the federal contractor vaccine mandate is yet to be determined. It is still possible that the mandate, as it applies to BNSF, could be upheld in court in the near future. If this happens, BNSF employees would be required to be vaccinated.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
SF: Internal Posting Only | [[mfield5]] | Technology Services | Fort Worth, TX | 76131